Administrative & Company Management Associate
Beth Morrison Projects
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Beth Morrison Projects is seeking a full-time Administrative & Company Management Associate This position will work closely with BMP’s General Manger, Associate Producer and Director of Production to help execute on financial, administrative and production needs throughout the organization. The duties for the position may grow and change with the needs of the organization.
Responsibilities of the role fall into three categories:
1. Bookkeeping (approx. 10 hours/week)
- Collect all bank & credit card receipts from BMP staff, reconcile receipts against statements, and enter into QuickBooks
- Manage accounts payable and receivable, including contract payment tracking
- Preparation of checks for signature by General Manager or Executive Director
- Prepare 1099’s at year end
2. General Administration (approx. 15 hours/week)
- Manage office supplies, including ordering as needed
- Process incoming mail and distribute as needed
- Be the primary person to answer the office phone
- Manage the general organizational email account
- Manage the booking of our LA office for rentals
- Assist President/Creative Producer with calendaring and scheduling of meetings
3. Company Management (approx. 15 hours/week)
- Work with Director of Production and Associate Producer to determine the travel & housing needs for all productions
- Prepare travel budgets for review and approval of Executive Director
- Make all bookings of travel and housing, and work with artists to ensure their needs are met
- Prepare itineraries for all artists and BMP staff that are traveling with productions
The ideal candidate is someone with at least a bachelor’s degree and a passion for music/theatre/arts. A minimum of 2 years of experience using QuickBooks required and experience booking high volume travel is desired. Must have excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills, with a focus on Word and Excel. Must be a highly organized individual who can multi-task and manage multiple projects at once.
5 days a week (approximately 40 hours per week). Occasional evening and weekend work as needed. Currently fully remote work, with weekly visits to the office for mail pickup. In fall 2021, anticipated 1-2 days a week in the office. Full-time salary $40,000-$45,000 DOE.
BMP is an equal opportunity employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.
About Beth Morrison Projects
Since 2006, Beth Morrison Projects (BMP) has been an industry disruptor and tastemaker at the forefront of musical and theatrical innovation by commissioning, developing, producing and touring the groundbreaking new works of living composers and their collaborators, which take the form of opera-theatre, music-theatre, and vocal-theatre. BMP encourages risk-taking and the result is provocative works that represent a dynamic and lasting legacy for a new American canon.
The 2014 bi-coastal expansion to Los Angeles sprang from growing partnerships and relationships with institutions such as LA Opera, the LA Phil, Ford Theatres, Center Theatre Group and RVCC. During the 2018-19 and 2019-20 season, BMP will have produced 185 performances on 5 continents. BMP’s commitment to cutting edge musical expression has created “its own genre" (Opera News) of originality. In 2013, Beth Morrison Projects and HERE Arts Center co-founded the PROTOTYPE Festival, which showcases contemporary opera-theatre and music-theatre projects over ten days each January. The New Yorker recently wrote that the festival is “Essential to the evolution of American Opera,” and the New York Times called the festival “Bracingly innovative… a point of reference.”
Always on “the edge of innovation" (Opera News), BMP has developed a trailblazing program, BMP: Next Generation, to identify and foster the next generation of opera composers. This crucial initiative is a prime example of the transformative and boundary-shattering programming for which BMP has been known for over a decade. Other current and upcoming projects include works by composers Ricky Ian Gordon, Ted Hearne, Mary Kouyoumdjian, David T. Little, Zhou Long, Elvis Perkins, Emma O’Halloran, Ellen Reid, Huang Ruo, Sarah Kirkland Snider, Du Yun, and more, with directors Michael Counts, James Darrah, Lee Sunday Evans, Patricia McGregor, Michael Joseph McQuilken, and Ashley Tata.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to info...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.