New York, NY 10011
Parity Productions is seeking an Advocacy Intern to start immediately. This is an opportunity to work with a popular, growing New York theatre company that, aside from its production arm, has a robust slate of advocacy platforms aimed at increasing opportunities for women and trans and gender nonconforming (TGNC) artists.
Parity Productions the only New York theatre company that ensures we fill at least 50% of the creative roles on our own productions—directors, playwrights, and designers—with women and TGNC artists, and offers a slate of free advocacy programs to encourage a shift in hiring practices for the rest of the industry. Artistically, we develop and produce compelling new plays that give voice to individuals who rebel against their marginalized place in society. Parity Productions is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit theatre company formed in 2016 by international award-winning director Ludovica Villar-Hauser.
Parity seeks a hard-working and enthusiastic current college student with a passionate commitment to New York theatre and gender hiring parity. The position requires people skills as well as excellent research abilities. The candidate must be a capable self-starter who works well as an individual and in a team. Position will work closely with core Parity team members to educate the industry about achieving hiring gender parity on production creative teams and will develop best practices for collaborating with other producers to advocate for NYC artists.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited university or college.
- Able to receive college credit.
- Authorized to work in the US without restrictions or future sponsorship.
- Able to work 20 hours a week (minimum 5 hour shifts) in Manhattan.
- Travel and meal reimbursements.
- Tickets to Qualifying Productions as available.
- Creation of artist profiles for the Women and TGNC Artists Database.
- Research and outreach for the Women and TGNC Artists Database and Qualifying Productions platforms.
- Maintenance of both platforms.
- Some graphic creation—experience with Adobe products a plus but not required.
- Minimal website editing.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management capabilities.
- Excellent phone manner and interpersonal skills (comfortable contacting theatre producers/designers/playwrights).
Please submit a resume and cover letter email@example.com with the subject line “Advocacy Internship Application [NAME]”.