Amas Musical Theatre
New York, NY 10036
Amas Musical Theatre is seeking a Teaching Artist to direct an after-school program focusing on musical theatre. Teaching artist will teach acting and scene work and direct/choreograph a final presentation for an after-school program. The program runs two to three days a week, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday beginning the end of September through January. Teaching Artist will work closely with the Music Director, Education Director, and classroom teacher and work with about 40 14-18 year old students in Queens.
- At least three years’ experience working with high school students in a directorial or devising capacity.
- Bachelor’s or other degree in theatre or equal experience.
- Fully COVID-19 vaccinated.
- Plan and implement musical theatre classes.
- Work with creative team on content.
- Direct/Choreograph end of program presentation for students' friends and family.
- Provide a daily report to Education Director.
Please send cover letter with resume and references to: Zeynep Akca, Education Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 29, 2021 - January 28, 2022