Amateur Licensing Assistant
Music Theatre International
Music Theatre International (MTI) is one of the world's leading theatrical licensing agencies, granting theatres from around the world the rights to perform the greatest selection of musicals from Broadway and beyond. Founded in 1952 by composer Frank Loesser and orchestrator Don Walker, MTI is a driving force in advancing musical theatre as a vibrant and engaging art form. MTI works directly with the composers, lyricists, and book writers of these musicals to provide official scripts, musical materials, and dynamic theatrical resources to over 70,000 professional, community and school theatres in the US and in over 60 countries worldwide.
The role we need to fill:
Join our team as an Amateur Licensing Assistant! As the first point of contact for the schools, studios, and community theatres who license MTI titles, the Amateur Licensing team plays a vital role here at MTI and within the communities we serve. The Amateur Licensing Assistant will provide critical administrative support to our Amateur Licensing representatives by maintaining customer records, finalizing performance licenses, and assisting with customer correspondence. This is a full-time position with opportunity for growth.
- Finalizing performance licenses by processing payments and confirming shipment of materials
- Facilitating additional and/or replacement orders of materials and performance resources
- Occasional phone and email contact with customers for general inquiries
- Expediting the creation of new MTI customer accounts and updating existing accounts
- Providing information to customers regarding MTI products and resources, including light technical support
- Providing other administrative support and coverage for the Amateur Licensing Department as needed
You ideally have the following:
- Customer service experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work independently and take initiative while adapting to the needs of a team
- Excellent time management, organizational, and multitasking abilities
- Fluency in a Windows-based computer environment (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge or love of musical theatre, the MTI Catalog, and theatrical resources preferred
What we have to offer:
- Health insurance package, including dental and vision
- 401k with employer contribution and commuter benefits
- Paid holidays and vacation days
- Occasional tickets to professional theatrical productions and industry events
- A passionate staff committed to the advancement of the performing arts and education
Music Theatre International does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or any other non-merit factor. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from communities historically underrepresented in the theatre industry.
MTI prioritizes the health and safety of its employees, customers, and authors. MTI’s health and safety policies in the office will be consistent with federal, state, and local guidelines.
To be considered for this position, please email a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
APPLY BY EMAIL
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is
encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your
preferred email client.
APPLY BY POSTAL SERVICE