Arizona Broadway Theatre
Peoria, AZ 85382
Arizona Broadway Theatre NYC Auditions
Arizona Broadway Theatre is holding non-Equity and specific Equity auditions BY APPOINTMENT ONLY in New York City beginning on Monday, January 22, 2018, for the following roles and shows during its 13th Season. (All are non-Equity offers unless specifically indicated. Equity performers will be hired under the standard AEA Dinner Theatre Agreement.)
MARY POPPINS: Rehearsals begin May 14, 2018; Runs June 1 – July 22*, 2018.
*The final three weeks of the run will be a transfer to the Herberger Theater Center in downtown Phoenix.
- BERT – Male, 30s. Narrator of the story. Good friend to Mary Poppins and has his own touch of magic. Has charm and speaks with Cockney accent. Must be a good dancer (including tap). Baritone or Tenor. Vocal range: B2 – F#4.
- MRS. BANKS – Female, 30s. Former actress and loving mother. Worries she isn’t up to the task, but discovers that she is. Speaks with a standard British accent. Mezzo or Alto. Vocal range: A3 – D5.
- ROBERTSON AY – Male, 20s. The Banks’ houseboy. Lazy, sleepy and grumbling; rarely gets things right. A bit of comic relief. Not much singing, but has a fun solo in “Spoonful”. Speaks with a Cockney accent. Tenor. Vocal range: F3 – G#4.
- MRS. BRILL/BIRD WOMAN – Female, 40s – 60s. Mrs. Brill is the Banks’ housekeeper and cook. Overworked and sometimes grumpy, but that is a cover for her warm heart. Doubles as BIRD WOMAN who sings “Feed the Birds”. Both characters speak with a Cockney accent. Alto or Mezzo. Vocal range: F#3 – D#5.
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN: Rehearsals begin June 25, 2018; Runs July 13 – August 12, 2018.
- HANRATTY – Male, 35-45. Agent in charge of the investigation. A knowledgeable workaholic. Lives a private life of loneliness and depression. Vocal range: G2 – G4.
- BRENDA STRONG – Female. 20s. A young nurse and Frank, Jr.’s eventual love interest. Hard-working and initially insecure. Comes to trust Frank but his true identity clouds her feelings. Vocal range: G3 – A5.
- FRANK, SR. – Male. 45-65. Frank’s father. An inspiration when it comes to swindling. Upbeat and fast-talking, he undergoes a series of failures that leave him a miserable drunk. Vocal range: F2 – G#4.
- PAULA – Female. 45-60. Frank’s gorgeous mother. Caring and loving, with an underlying resentment toward her husband and son. Vocal range: A3 – C5.
- ROGER STRONG – Male. 50s. Brenda’s conservative father. Stern and interrogatory, but reveals himself to be deeply romantic. Vocal range: A2 – A4.
- CAROL STRONG – Female. 45-60. Brenda’s traditional mother. She is talkative and boisterous. Vocal range: Bb3 – A5.
ALTAR BOYZ: Rehearsals begin August 6, 2018; Runs August 24 – September 16, 2018.
- MATTHEW – Male. 18-29. The super handsome leader of the group. Baritone.
- MARK – Male. 18-29. A sensitive young man who loves Cher. Comedic role. Intense dancing. Tenor.
- LUKE – Male. 18-29. The bad boy of the group. Intense dancing. Bass-Baritone.
- JUAN – Male. 20-29. The ‘Latin lover’ with a passion for beautiful women. Intense dancing. Baritone.
- ABRAHAM – Male. 18-29. The nice Jewish boy who loves hip-hop. Intense dancing. Baritone.
Auditions will be held at:
500 Eighth Avenue, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10018
To apply for an audition, please submit your headshot and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email, include the name of the role(s) in which you are interested. You will receive a response only if you are chosen for an audition appointment. Only applications submitted via the above email address will be contacted. Thanks!
May 14, 2018 - September 16, 2018