Employment Type: Full Time, Year-Round, Salaried (Exempt)
Special Considerations: Occasional evening and weekend availability is essential. Full availability for annual May JxJ Festival is a requirement.
Benefits: Health, vacation, and retirement benefits. Transportation and gym access benefits.
The Edlavitch DCJCC (EDCJCC) is the Jewish community’s address in our nation’s capital, providing uniquely urban educational, social, cultural and fitness programs to the DC community inside and outside the beltway. Theater J and JxJ are programs of the EDCJCC
Theater J is a nationally renowned, professional theater that celebrates, explores, and struggles with the complexities and nuances of both the Jewish experience and the universal human condition. Theater J presents six productions each year.
JxJ is the EDCJCC’s multidisciplinary arts project that encompasses the Washington Jewish Film and Music Festivals alongside hybrid arts programming. The public programming of JxJ is split between a major annual Festival in May and a set of year-round offerings.
The EDCJCC Arts Marketing Manager leads marketing and communications efforts for Theater J and JxJ and operates out of the EDCJCC’s centralized Marketing and Development department. The EDCJCC Arts Communications Manager reports to both the Managing Director of Theater J and the Director of Communications and Operations of JxJ.
o Implement and evaluate the marketing strategy and budget for all JxJ and Theater J programs to raise $1.2M earned income through single tickets, subscriptions, passes, classes, trips, and concessions, with a particular focus on digital campaigns and targeting primary, secondary, and tertiary audience segments.
o Work with Theater J, JxJ, and ticket office staff to manage ticket inventory and implement promotions.
o Work with the EDCJCC marketing staff to integrate arts marketing strategies with the Center’s goals.
· Email Campaigns: Oversee Theater J and JxJ’s email marketing, email list management, and collecting and analyzing data to increase audience engagement.
· Analytics: Plan, collect, and analyze patron and ticketing data, including annual audience surveying and Google analytics, and apply data to email campaign, targeted advertising, and audience segmentation.
· Material Creation: Manage the creation and distribution of promotional and printed materials, including flyers, invitations, brochures, and direct mail pieces in collaboration with the EDCJCC’s Marketing team.
· At least three years of marketing or communications experience, preferably in the arts
· At least three years of experience with digital marketing strategy (Facebook/Meta Advertising, Google Ads, SEO, etc.)
· Experience with Adobe CC, including Photoshop and InDesign
· Outstanding collaborator and proactive problem solver
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to participate ‘hands on’ in all aspect of event setup, management, and breakdown.
· Commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please use “Arts Marketing Manager” in the email subject line. We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aug 4, 2022
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.