The Juilliard School’s mission is to provide the highest caliber of artistic education for gifted musicians, dancers, and actors from around the world so that they may achieve their fullest potential as artists, leaders, and global citizens. Located at Lincoln Center in New York City, Juilliard offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in dance, drama (acting and playwriting), and music (classical, jazz, historical performance, and vocal arts). Currently more than 800 artists from 40 states and 38 countries and regions are enrolled at Juilliard, where they appear in over 700 annual performances in the school’s five theaters; at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully and David Geffen halls and at Carnegie Hall; as well as at other venues around New York City, the country, and the world. Beyond its New York campus, Juilliard is defining new directions in global performing arts education for a range of learners and enthusiasts through The Tianjin Juilliard School and K-12 educational curricula.
Description: Assists the Managing Director in overseeing the daily operations of the Drama Division and implementing its long-term goals.
- Responsibilities: Participate in the planning and implementation of divisional projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with the Drama Division staff on all day-to-day administrative projects
- Assist Managing Director and Drama staff with organizing and running of yearly audition process
- Work with Managing Director to field faculty and student concerns, share updates with the community, and follow up with any non-sensitive issues raised in meetings
- Assist with the oversight, training, and mentoring of Administrative Apprentice
- Manage photo archives and lobby display. Organize and post content for display. Assist in selection of actor and production photographs for the 4th year actors’ website.
- Organize and produce graduating class interviews and video segments for website
- Oversee and tabulate all attendance for Drama classes, rehearsals and special events. Create individual attendance record for each student. Provide daily attendance summary for Managing Director and alert Managing Director to any potential attendance violations.
- Assist with ticket management for Drama Division productions and showings
- Assist Managing Director with production-related activities.
- Assist Managing Director with guest artist contracts, communications, and other logistics
- Assist Managing Director with projects and tasks as assigned. Assist in maintaining Managing Director’s calendar
- Organize production photos and supply photos and captions for newsletters and additional marketing materials
- Oversee all catering needs for special events, opening nights, faculty meetings, auditions, etc.
- Assist in planning and supervising the execution of Drama Division special events, including the Juilliard Jam, PlayTime events, Community Meetings, Playwright/Director and MFA Mixers
- Special projects and other duties.
- Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree; equivalent experience considered as a substitute
- Highly developed organizational, leadership, and writing and communication skills
- Ability to understand the needs of a complex theater program and the theatrical artistic process
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and social media platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative, work collaboratively as part of and in a team setting, solve problems, look at the big picture, and maintain attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks under pressure while maintaining flexibility, patience, and good humor
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends, as needed
- Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Must exercise excellent judgment and proceed at all times with integrity and discretion
- Preferred Background: Experience collaborating with and managing staff
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with arts administration and/or special events
- Strong theater bacckground
- Strong interest and experience in events planning or producing
- A strong sense of graphic design and experience with Photoshop
The Juilliard School has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the community and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the School's administration.