Shellscrape Theatre Company
New York, NY 10019
DESCRIPTION: Shellscrape Theatre Company seeks a Volunteer Part-Time Assistant to the Executive Director to provide administrative and program support for the day to day activities of our growing company. Please be advised that this position is unpaid.
ABOUT: We are currently a team of three members who volunteer our time because we LOVE creating theatre and collaborating with like minded people! The typical work week for Shellscrape members in our off season consists of approximately 5 hours of administrative work and a weekly staff meeting. While in production, the time commitment expands to approximately 10 - 15 hours for the duration of tech week through the end of show. While we do work very hard, we also enjoy celebrating the people we work with (who often become good friends) and the art we create. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply - happy to share what we’ve learned with enthusiastic candidates if needed!
• Provide administrative support for Executive Director
• Maintain and coordinate scheduling
• Compose and prepare correspondence, reports and other documents as needed
• Collaborate with industry professionals, guest artists, and Shellscrape staff
• Provide support on special projects and Development activities, including research, writing and analysis
• Attention to detail, highly organized and resourceful. Ability to provide support while acting independently where appropriate.
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and writing ability
• Diplomacy, patience and flexibility essential, as is the ability to prioritize and strategize
• Skilled with Google and Microsoft Suites
• Previous experience with Front of House, Fundraising, or Non-profits a plus
• Familiarity with NYC theatre as well as national perspective preferred
Applicants from underrepresented communities in theatre encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Please email resume, writing sample (professional correspondence, project description, press release or other prose sample of no more than two pages) and cover letter outlining relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is UNPAID