Work Light Productions
Work Light Productions is a creator and producer of live theater. We believe in the power of live performance to bring people together, to entertain, and to transform. In a world of endless digital diversions, we strive to create meaningful opportunities for people to share experiences. We are dedicated to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that values every member of our team - from our producing and management staff to the creative teams, actors, musicians, stage managers, company managers, and technicians that we employ on each production.
Position: Associate General Manager
Location: Summit, NJ
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000, commensurate with experience;
Benefits: Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, 401-K with 3% employer contribution, paid vacation, parking paid by employer.
Start Date: January 2023
This is an ideal position for someone with previous experience as a touring Company Manager who is ready to transition to the producing side of the theatre industry and has aspires to become a General Manager. NJ Residency is highly recommended.
Support the General Managers on upcoming productions of COMPANY, MRS. DOUBTFIRE, MAMMA MIA!, and CLUE, as well as our tours currently in operation. Duties include but are not limited to:
· Negotiate and draft contracts for actors, musicians, tour management, and creative personnel;
· Oversee the onboarding process for tour personnel;
· Support payroll processing including proofing and approving payrolls;
· Book travel and logistics for tour personnel as needed;
· Assist the General Managers with troubleshooting emergent issues;
· Schedule and organize complex activities such as rehearsals, workshops, trainings, and production meetings;
· Organize and prioritize large volumes of information, including contact lists, calendars and the filing of contracts, and other vital documents;
· Compile and create expense reports including coding of credit card bills and receipt management;
· Work independently and in collaboration with office staff on special and ongoing projects;
· Handle confidential and non-routine information with discretion;
· Travel to Technical Rehearsal periods and performances;
· The ability to think “big-picture”, anticipate, and work pro-actively. A creative problem-solver with a solution-based approach.
· The ability to remain calm and professional in high pressure or unprecedented circumstances;
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication and a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, high ethical standards, tact, and diplomacy;
· Strong understanding of theatrical industry unions including AEA, AFM, IATSE, and ATPAM.
· Must have proficient knowledge of both Microsoft Word and Excel, with an ability to work on multi-tabbed Excel spreadsheets and understanding of basic formulas. There is a high degree of working in financial documents in this position and the applicant must be very comfortable with Excel.
· Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands;
· Work requires willingness to attend occasional New York rehearsals, evening, and weekend performances. Some travel will be required.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, minimum of two years’ experience working in Company Management or General Management strongly preferred;
· Fully Vaccinated against Covid-19;
Terms and Conditions:
Work Light Productions is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We accept applicants for all positions regardless of disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and ethnicity.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject heading “Associate General Manager” along with your name. No phone calls please.
Jan 3, 2023 -
$55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.