Beth Morrison Projects
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Seeking Associate Producer
Beth Morrison Projects is seeking a part-time to full-time Associate Producer. The Associate Producer (“AP”) reports to the Director of Production and works closely with the Executive Director and Creative Producer. This position works closely with the Company Manager and facilitates all company management logistics while in production.
This role advances the administrative and producorial aspects of all BMP world premieres and touring productions, including productions programmed in the PROTOTYPE Festival. The AP is the primary point of contact and facilitates communication between BMP’s creative team, press, and presenters. The AP is active in production and creative meetings and assists in the creation and management of production schedules, and is a consistent BMP representative for pre-production meetings, rehearsals, travel, technical rehearsals and performances.
The AP may also assist in managing the submissions of new work, presenter meeting scheduling, creation of pitch packets/marketing materials for all productions, and other administrative duties as needed.
Responsibilities of the role include:
● Take a lead administrative role for a series of world premiere and touring productions over the coming seasons, including productions programmed in the PROTOTYPE Festival
● Act as primary point of contact for singers, presenters, music staff, production staff, stage management, and creative teams for all projects
● Execute company management duties for all BMP projects including travel arrangements, visas, housing, and facilitating on the ground logistics
● Travel with touring productions, coordinating on the ground logistics, company management and production logistics.
● Manage rehearsal process including hospitality, coordinate distribution of scores and rehearsal supplies prior to rehearsal process
● Communicate with venue teams on production, company management, marketing, website, tickets, and personnel details
● Organize program and marketing materials for each project
● Assist in the management of submissions of new works as needed
● Assist in managing Creative Producer's presenter meeting calendar, schedule, and correspondence, during domestic and international conferences
● Manage pitch materials including pitch packets, production photos, production videos, press quotes, and other marketing assets.
● Work with Grant Writer and Development staff to retrieve assets needed for fundraising or grant writing purposes
● Other administrative and producorial duties as needed/assigned
● Bachelor’s Degree or higher or at least 2 year’s experience in arts administration
● Passion for music/opera/theater a must
● Experience as a Producer in the performing arts; including knowledge of technical theater (able to discuss video/projection, scenic, lighting plans etc.) preferred
● Desire & ability to travel for up to 4 weeks at a time
● Highly organized
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office / Google Suite
● Ability to read music preferred
● Ability to work nights & weekends as needed
● Driver’s License preferred.
Currently remote position, in Fall 2021 anticipated 1-2 days a week in our Brooklyn office. Evening and weekend work as needed for productions. Travel with shows is a regular part of the position – anticipated starting in Spring 2022. Full-time salary $50,000-$55,000 DOE
Send resume and cover letter to Jobs@bethmorrisonprojects.org. Please include name and position in subject line.
BMP is an equal opportunity employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.
About Beth Morrison Projects
Since 2006, Beth Morrison Projects (BMP) has been an industry disruptor and tastemaker at the forefront of musical and theatrical innovation by commissioning, developing, producing and touring the groundbreaking new works of living composers and their collaborators, which take the form of opera-theatre, music-theatre, and vocal-theatre. BMP encourages risk-taking and the result is provocative works that represent a dynamic and lasting legacy for a new American canon.
The 2014 bi-coastal expansion to Los Angeles sprang from growing partnerships and relationships with institutions such as LA Opera, the LA Phil, Ford Theatres, Center Theatre Group and RVCC. During the 2018-19 and 2019-20 season, BMP will have produced 185 performances on 5 continents. BMP’s commitment to cutting edge musical expression has created “its own genre" (Opera News) of originality. In 2013, Beth Morrison Projects and HERE Arts Center co-founded the PROTOTYPE Festival, which showcases contemporary opera-theatre and music-theatre projects over ten days each January. The New Yorker recently wrote that the festival is “Essential to the evolution of American Opera,” and the New York Times called the festival “Bracingly innovative… a point of reference.”
Always on “the edge of innovation" (Opera News), BMP has developed a trailblazing program, BMP: Next Generation, to identify and foster the next generation of opera composers. This crucial initiative is a prime example of the transformative and boundary-shattering programming for which BMP has been known for over a decade. Other current and upcoming projects include works by composers Ricky Ian Gordon, Ted Hearne, Mary Kouyoumdjian, David T. Little, Zhou Long, Elvis Perkins, Emma O’Halloran, Ellen Reid, Huang Ruo, Sarah Kirkland Snider, Du Yun, and more, with directors Michael Counts, James Darrah, Lee Sunday Evans, Patricia McGregor, Michael Joseph McQuilken, Lydia Steier, and Ashley Tata.