The Studio Theatre at Tierra Del Sol
The Villages, FL
Sound Board Operator for La Cage Aux Folles
Significant Productions in Residence at The Studio Theatre at Tierra Del Sol is looking for a Sound Board Operator for our upcoming production! We are a Black Box Theatre with 120 seats and multiple seating options. The Studio Theatre’s mission is to inspire the residents of Central Florida to examine relevant issues by elevating them through innovative and intimate storytelling.
PRODUCTION: La Cage Aux Folles
Book by Harvey Fierstein, Music and Lyrics by Jerry Herman, Based on the play by Jean Poiret
Directed by Nathaniel Niemi and Music Direction by Gary Powell
Welcome to La Cage Aux Folles, the Pride of Saint Tropez, the Envy of the Cabaret World, the Jewel of the Riviera. This dazzling nightclub is run by Georges and stars his partner Albin as The Queen of Drag herself, "Zaza". Hijinks ensue when Georges's son, Jean-Michel, brings home his fiancée's disapproving parents. With a hilarious supporting cast, sparkling musical numbers, and glitzy dancing, these birds of a feather flock together. This zany adventure by Jerry Herman and Harvey Fierstein won 11 Tony Awards, including Best Musical, and features the hit songs "I am What I am" and "The Best of Times". This Broadway stunner that inspired The Birdcage is uproariously funny and endlessly heartwarming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Primary responsibility: Operate the sound console for rehearsals and performances and prepare and maintain microphones and/or other audio equipment for this production.
• Production will include:
§ Behringer x32 for mixing
§ Mics for 15 performer tracks
§ 7 piece live band
· Keyboards, electronic drums, percussion, double bass
· Assist the Sound Designer with the installation of the sound package during load in/band rehearsal.
· Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Proficient with digital audio mixing consoles; experience with the Behringer x32.
· Proficient in live mixing both vocals and instrumentals.
· Proficient with wireless microphone systems; experience with Shure wireless products and Wireless Workbench software preferred.
La Cage aux Folles
All Rehearsals/calls at 806 San Marino Dive, The Villages, FL 32159
Needed at Rehearsals Beginning: Monday, January 16, 2023
Tech 8 of 10 (2 days): Thursday & Friday, January 26 & 27, 2023
Dress Rehearsals: Sat. & Mon. January 28 & 30, 2023
Previews: Tues.-Thurs. Jan. 31-Feb. 2, 2023
Opening: Friday, February 3, 2023
Closing: Saturday, March 4, 2023
This production will have 5-day work weeks during rehearsal and performance EXCEPT the week of first band rehearsal and the week of previews where we will have a 6th day scheduled. Regular days off will be Sunday and Monday.
Performances are typically 6 shows a week (7pm/2pm matinees) Tuesday-Saturday.
$675 per week.
· If additional performances are added to the schedule additional compensation will be provided.
· Housing can be provided if needed.
TO SUBMIT A RESUME:
· Email [email protected]
o Subject line: LCAF Board Op
o Include: Resume and contact information
Jan 16, 2023 - Mar 4, 2023
$675.00 – $675.00 per week
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.