Atlantic Theater Company
New York, NY 10011
Atlantic – an award-winning Off-Broadway theater and NAST-accredited acting school – seeks a Box Office Manager. The Box Office Manager is the primary front-facing customer service representative between the Atlantic and the public. Anticipated hours when not in production are Monday-Friday 10am-6pm. Anticipated hours during performances are Tuesday-Saturday Noon through the fulfillment of post-curtain responsibilities.
● Manage all walk-up sales, as well as email and phone inquiries for single ticket buyers and members.
● Process ticket orders from outside vendors, such as TDF and TodayTix.
● Process staff rate ticket requests and, as directed by the Associate General Manager, assist in the processing of House Seats in conjunction with the Company Manger.
● Process staff, company and development complimentary ticket requests as directed by Associate General Manager, Director of Development and Director of Marketing.
● Coordinate group sale inquiries and process sales
● Program performances, subscription packages, and pricing structures into AudienceView.
● Assist in the training of part-time Box Office staffers.
● Complete and distribute clean, accurate, and timely Wraps and Availability reports to appropriate departments.
● Reconcile all third-party ticket sales with the Finance Associate.
● Maintain an accurate cash base by counting the base at the beginning and end of each shift.
● Perform daily cash reconciliation of cash drawer against AudienceView reports.
● Follow and enforce established Atlantic policies for single ticket buyers, members, cast, staff, discounted ticket buyers, etc.
● Assist Company Manager in maintaining organized complimentary ticket back-up
consisting of signed authorizations for all complimentary tickets and backup of AudienceView settlements.
● Facilitate expeditious communication and manage rapport with AudienceView Call Center including but not limited to notifying of performance changes, on sale dates, ticketing policies and customer service matters.
● Troubleshoot ticketing and audience issues as they arise.
● Maintain current fireguard certification.
● Report Settlements to appropriate unions and leagues.
● Act as staff point person and building liaison at the Linda Gross Theater. (Receive deliveries, greet and direct vendors, etc.)
● During non-performance weeks maintain inventory of all restroom and facility supplies.
● Maintain a clean and organized Box Office and Front of House.
● Submit ticket offers to TDF, TodayTix, and papering services as directed by Director of Marketing and Associate General Manager
● Coordinate with Marketing department all FOH signage and installation for both LGT and Stage 2
● Ensure supply and inventory of marketing materials such as season brochures, production window cards, postcards, etc are up-to-date and present for both Theater and School
● Assist in researching and identifying discount platform partnerships.
● Distribute will call tickets and ask select ticket holders to sign applicable receipts
● Manage walk-up sales and wait lists, as applicable.
● Maintain an updated Usher Database and book Ushers for each public performance.
● Support Company Manager in supervision of House Managers.
● Package any unclaimed tickets and all signed receipts to be filed with the comp back-up for the performance
● Provide, for verification, a copy of the Performance Settlement Report and sign all copies after approval from Company Manager.
Desired Experience, Skills & Qualifications
Ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of work experience, preferably at a performing arts institution, live entertainment venue, or comparable environment. Candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, possess and exhibit empathy, exude a good sense of humor, a track record of on-their-feet problem solving, excellent multi-tasking abilities, and an ability to stay motivated in an independent working space. Strong customer service skills, clear communication, and ability to be a team player will be crucial.
Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and experience with OvationTix/AudienceView is a plus.
This position requires evening and weekend availability.
Atlantic Theater Company is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who identify as BIPOC, queer, trans, non-binary, candidates with disabilities, or candidates who are parents or immigrants are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $40,000 – $45,000 (commensurate with experience) per year and benefits. Please email a cover letter and resume to Camron Parker at email@example.com and include Box Office Manager in the subject line. No phone calls, please.