Manhattan Theatre Club
New York, NY 10036
Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, seeks a Capital Campaign Coordinator. For fifty years, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by American and international playwrights. We are strongly committed to producing work that is made by, and tells the stories of, a wide range of voices from all walks of life and to making that work accessible to all audiences including those that have historically lacked access to the arts and cultural sector. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway's restored Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and off Broadway at the historic NY City Center complex on West 55th Street.
Capital Campaign Coordinator Role
MTC is in the quiet phase of a 50th Anniversary Campaign to strengthen its overall financial security and ensure that MTC can continue to shape the American cultural landscape through its unparalleled theatre productions, artistic development initiatives, and education programs.
The Campaign Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination, and administration of the campaign. The position is both strategic and tactical, incorporating all components of a capital campaign from the leadership gift phase through the launch and implementation of the public phase. Following completion of the campaign, the Capital Campaign Coordinator will transition to a permanent Individual Giving staff position.
The Campaign Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with donor stewardship efforts, researching and expanding the prospective donor pipeline, and maintaining accurate and up-to-date information on campaign goals, pledges, payments, donors, and prospects. They will report to the Director of Development and will interact with the Executive Producer, MTC’s outside Campaign Consultants, Campaign Committee members, and Campaign prospects and donors.
· Collaborate with the Executive Producer, Director of Development, Associate Director of Development, and Campaign Committee members to create and implement a plan for the public campaign launch and anniversary celebration.
· Oversee a portfolio of donors by assisting in the development and execution of strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current and new donors.
· Prepare customized briefing and solicitation materials for volunteers and staff to use for meetings.
· Maintain annotated table of gifts, list of recognition opportunities, gift acceptance policies, and pledge agreements.
· Provide necessary campaign updates and numerical analysis to the Campaign Committee and MTC leadership.
· Maintain an organized and detailed prospective donor pipeline.
· Perform prospect research using a range of online tools and develop prospect profiles of both current and prospective donors.
· Support the volunteer committees; assist in campaign volunteer recruitment, prepare and conduct follow-up for group meetings, and brief volunteers on solicitation strategies.
· Assist with timely donor acknowledgements and stewardship, including recognition opportunities and thank you letters, in conjunction with the Director of Development.
· Develop donor-facing correspondence including letters, invitations, briefings, and other mailings.
· Produce reports, brochures, newsletters, and other communications materials, as needed, in coordination with the Director of Development.
· Help to plan and coordinate campaign cultivation and recognition events and dinners.
· Maintain a comprehensive campaign timeline.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Development.
· Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of professional experience, preferably in development.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and database management. Experience with Tessitura is a plus.
· Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
· Experience and interest in theatre preferred.
This is a full-time, in-person position at MTC’s administrative office (311 West 43rd Street, New York, NY). Some evening and occasional weekend work are required. The salary for this position is in the $50K range. MTC offers a full benefits package, including a choice health plan with options for spousal, family and/or domestic partner coverage, basic life and long term disability insurance, paid time off and optional 401(k), voluntary dental and flex savings plans for healthcare, dependent care, and commuting expenses.
To Apply: Forward resume and cover letter to HR Director, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and “Campaign Coordinator” in the subject (MS Word, Adobe PDF or plain-text format only).
Manhattan Theatre Club believes that equity, diversity and inclusion should be essential elements of all activity within the organization. We have made it a priority to create and maintain an environment that is attractive to and supportive of all individuals regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, military or veteran status, etc. MTC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more about MTC, visit www.manhattantheatreclub.com