New York, NY 10018
Alchemation is seeking a Chief Financial Officer who possesses excellent leadership skills and the ability to effectively lead a multidisciplinary team while overseeing finance and operations.
Alchemation is a theatrical and media producing company committed to the development and presentation of new work. Founded in 2011, Alchemation has mounted productions on Broadway, the West End, and on tour throughout the United States. Current projects include SIX and MRS. DOUBTFIRE on Broadway and numerous other productions in development including THE NOTEBOOK and THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA.
The ideal candidate:
- Excels at strategic thinking, change management, financial planning, teamwork, and communication
- Exhibits outstanding organization skills and aptitudes in decision-making and problem-solving
- Is detail-oriented, proactive, and able to manage multiple deadlines
- Has 1+ years of accounting experience, is familiar with theatrical management and accounting practices, has intermediate-level proficiency or above in Excel and Quickbooks
- Is excited to join and mold a fast-paced, expanding theatrical producing and management company
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and overseeing the annual operating budget and continual financial forecasting; tracking and handling A/P and A/R; reporting on company finances to CEO
- Facilitating quarterly and annual tax filings in coordination with CPAs
- Handling COVID-19 government financial relief application processes as needed, e.g., the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG), and ensuring compliance with acceptable uses, required reporting, and future auditing of funds
- Devising and implementing strategies for internal operations, e.g., COVID-19 health and safety procedures, evaluating company workflow and expanding/contracting staff as needed, advising on employee compensation and benefits packages, and refining other internal processes
- Supervising daily operations of and managing relationships with the company and external vendors, including IT, banking, office building, etc.
- Salary is commensurate with experience ($85k +/- $15k)
- Benefits package includes health insurance and retirement benefits
- Please submit a cover letter (no more than one page) and resume; no phone calls, please
Alchemation believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Alchemation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
May 3, 2021 -
$85k +/- $15k