Atlantic Theater Company
New York, NY 10011
ATLANTIC THEATER COMPANY, an award-winning, not-for-profit, off-Broadway theater, seeks a Company Manager. The Company Manager is one of the principal liaisons between the artists and theater company. Together with the Associate General Manager, the Company Manager provides excellent customer service to both guest artists and audience members. They are the front line for customer service on behalf of the company. The Company Manager reports to the Associate General Manager.
· Acts as ATC’s liaison with company (cast & crew) at all performances (this requires night and weekend hours).
· Coordinates general artist services and creates a positive atmosphere for Atlantic’s guest artists, including but not limited to coordinating travel and housing, emergency health and wellness assistance, and procuring union-mandated meals.
· Integrates Actors into payroll systems, including but not limited to collecting and maintaining required payroll paperwork
· Maintains current Fire Guard, Fire Drill and First Aid, CPR, & AED certifications
· Collects bios from all artists for Playbill and website.
· Liaises with Production Manager on ensuring a well-stocked and maintained rehearsal room supplies and equipment, necessary production related seats at performances, and efficient communication between Stage Management and General Management
· Other duties as requested.
Box Office and Front of House
· Participates in Ticketing Team on ticket availability, house size and efforts to fill the house as necessary.
· Works closely with Box Office Manager on facilitating an expeditious and smooth Front of House load-in at time of curtain
· Processes paid House Seat requests.
· Supervises and schedules house management staff for Mainstage, Stage 2, Atlantic for Kids productions, rentals, readings and other events requiring a Fire Guard.
· Acts as substitute House Manager in case of house manager illness.
· Maintains organized ticket back-up including signed authorizations for all complimentary tickets for all public performances.
· Serves as management team point person at the theater with regard to facilities issues as they arise, and communicating all such issues to Operations Manager in a timely fashion.
Desired Experience, Skills & Qualifications
Ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of work experience, preferably at a performing arts institution, live entertainment venue, or comparable environment. Candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, possess and exhibit empathy, exude a good sense of humor, a track record of on-their-feet problem solving, and excellent multi-tasking abilities. Strong customer service skills, clear communication, and ability to be a team player will be crucial.
Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and experience with AudienceView/Ovationtix is a plus.
This position requires evening and weekend availability.
Atlantic Theater Company is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who identify as BIPOC, queer, trans, non-binary, candidates with disabilities, or candidates who are parents or immigrants are encouraged to apply. For additional information about Atlantic Theater Company, please visit: www.atlantictheater.org.
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $44,000 - $50,000 (commensurate with experience) per year and benefits. Please email a cover letter and resume to Camron Parker at email@example.com and include Company Manager in the subject line. No phone calls, please.