Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival
Cold Spring, NY 10516
HVSF is seeks a Company Safety Manager who is vaccinated against COVID-19 and available to begin in person work immediately.
The Company Safety Manger (CSM) is responsible for the implementation on the HVSF Safety Plan for HVSF productions in collaboration with our other staff leadership. The safety plan addresses to rehearsal & production protocols for social distancing, reduced occupancy limits in spaces, testing, symptom monitoring, cleaning, disinfecting and PPE training. This position reports to the Company Manager and Director of Production.
· Work with Director of Production and Company Manager to implement HVSF’s COVID Safety protocols during rehearsals, which will be developed in partnership with NorthWell Health; focused on a containment strategy to protect the well-being of staff and artists and mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
· Facilitate and coordinate required COIVD-19 testing for the company and designated testing group. Order and track supplies for COVID-19 testing.
· Serve as the primary liaison with COVID-19 test providers, PPE vendors, and other safety equipment distributors as necessary.
· Provide training to all company members on proper PPE and best practices on health and safety related to COVID-19.
· Evaluate practices and procedures to assess risk and adherence to the law and Actor’s Equity COVID Safety Guidance.
· Enforce policies and protocols on-campus in collaboration with production staff.
· Ensure employee screening protocols are in place, with the determined type of screening and frequency as appropriate.
· Ensure that all cast and crew routinely attest to symptoms and potential exposure to individuals who may have symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
· Maintain appropriate logs for cleaning, concerns, violations, and compliance.
· Stay current on new developments in health and safety to improve quality and efficacy of all processes.
· Work in collaboration with the Director of Production to ensure implementation of COVID-safe protocols in rehearsal, backstage, shops and performance areas.
· Ensure that the Dressing Tent, Theater Tent, Hospitality Tent, rehearsal spaces, costume shop, and workplaces are prepared for and managed during use, which shall include an assessment of ventilation, and the disinfecting of surfaces, property and equipment.
· Work in collaboration with the Director of Production and Audience Services Manager to ensure implementation of a comprehensive sanitation program and venue cleaning schedule.
· Provide staff training in proper PPE and safety protocols as part of on-boarding.
· Complete required COVID-19 Training from Health Education Services.
· Fully vaccinated against COVID19
· Valid Drivers’ license and clean DMV record.
· This position is required to work outdoors. Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, push, pull and work outside, exposed to the elements.
· The Company Safety Manger is required to be in residence in the Hudson Valley through September.
· Available ASAP.
This is a seasonal position paid $650 per week. Housing and transportation are included. Nights and weekends required.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject COMPANY SAFTEY MANAGER
June 7, 2021 - September 19, 2021