Westport Country Playhouse
Westport, CT 06880
Status: Full Time/ Regular/ Exempt
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Salary: $40,000 + BenefitsTHE POSITION
The Content Manager & Marketing Assistant (CM&MA) will be joining the department just after the launch of a new website and at a time that the Playhouse has committed to engaging in equity and diversity in programming, staffing, and community and audience outreach.
The global pandemic has expanded theater online and we are seeking an individual who can help us manage content, communication, and messaging. The Playhouse seeks to form deeper relationships with our current audiences and broaden our reach into surrounding and underserved communities. In addition, the marketing department at the Playhouse provides support for our renewed education department as well as our fundraising goals and donor acquisition.
The CM&MA reports directly to the Director of Marketing and will work closely with the Graphic Design Director, Public Relations Manager, and freelance videographers and photographers.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Website. The Playhouse just launched a new website based on WordPress platform. The CM&MA will be responsible for daily monitoring and updates.
o The CM&MA will work all departments (especially Education, Development and Artistic) to ensure that the website properly reflects their current programs/campaigns and to prepare for those upcoming.
o The CM&MA will work with the box office so that the content on our TNEW (our ticketing and donation website) is accurate and links are up to date.
o The goal of our website is to provide to engage with the theater audiences and our community (beyond ticket sales and donations). The CM&MA would help research, develop, write, and publish material, perhaps utilizing other platforms such as Medium.
o Be a part of the marketing team which discusses new website upgrades and support the Graphic Design Director during implementation.
· Social Media. Working closely with the Graphic Design Director, the CM&MA will be responsible for developing the calendar, writing, and posting across all current platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) as well as creating and managing a TikTok profile for the Playhouse. The CM&MA will reach out to all departments (especially Education, Development and Artistic) to ensure that the social media strategy and calendar supports their current programs/campaigns and to prepare for those upcoming. As a part of the Marketing team, the CM&MA will help develop a unique strategy and voice for each social media channel specific to the audiences who congregate there.
· Email Marketing. Working closely with the Graphic Design Director, the CM&MA will be responsible for developing the calendar and writing and designing the Playhouse emails. The CM&MA will reach out to all departments (especially Education, Development and Artistic) to ensure that the calendar supports their current goals and needs.
· Programs. The CM&MA will be responsible for gathering the contents from departments and help determine the layout for the book. CM&MA would function as a traffic manager, making sure that all the content is provided to the publisher (either online or printed program); assembling printer ready pages such as in-house articles, sponsor ads, About Us pages, and managing deadlines.
· Administrative. Support the Director of Marketing and Graphic Design Director with budgets, estimates and invoices. Work with Business Intelligence Manager and the Box Office to maintain customer database. Manage mailing list exchanges. Working with Community Outreach team, help plan and execute affinity group events.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Writing copy with a branded tone of voice and style.
· Keen user and consumer of social media.
· Comfortable learning new web-based applications.
· Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or comfort in learning and mastering the application.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or similar word processing and spreadsheet programs.
· Managing deadlines.SPECIAL COVID FACTORS
• With current Shelter-In-Place restrictions in effect, most Playhouse staff are currently working from home. However, due to the collaborative nature of the position, we may need CM&MA to be in the office one to two days a week.
• Should you not have access to a computer to work from home, one can be provided for you.ABOUT WESTPORT COUNTRY PLAYHOUSE
Westport Country Playhouse sits on Paugussett and Wappinger land.
The Playhouse is a non-profit organization that produces theater from playwrights, actors, directors, and designers of all backgrounds, while entertaining audiences and exploring human and societal issues along the way.
As our nation grapples with current events, we at Westport Country Playhouse have begun the process of creating an antiracist environment with our staff, artists, community leaders, and board members. We are having ongoing discussions around equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) as well as relevant trainings in antiracist practice, bystander intervention, and social justice. All Playhouse staff, including the CM&MA, must be committed to learning about EDI work and engaging with the Playhouse in this mission.YOU SHOULD APPLY
The Playhouse is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
A relocation stipend may be available, to be discussed upon job offer.
For more information about the Playhouse and other job opportunities, visit westportplayhouse.org.How to Apply
• Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: Content Manager & Marketing Assistant
• Or mail to:
Content Manager & Marketing Assistant Search
Westport Country Playhouse
25 Powers Court
Westport, CT 06880
• No phone calls or drop-in visits, please.
$40,000 + benefits