Broadway On Demand
New York, NY 10016
Broadway Licensing, Playscripts and Dramatists Play Services are full-service theatrical partners specializing in the development, production and worldwide distribution of new and established theatrical properties. Approaching the licensing universe with a wholly personal and producorial vision, the company partners with authors, agents and producers to harness the power derived from embracing the intersection of art and commerce.
Broadway On Demand is the premiere streaming platform offering exclusive livestream events, a wide-ranging library of video on demand content, interactive engagements, and educational resources. It is a virtual performing arts complex offering a variety of programming including not only Broadway shows but also, individual artists, concert series, educational programming and engaging content from theatres around the world. Thanks to a unique licensing interface, ShowShareTM, approved middle school, high school, college, community and professional theatre productions have the opportunity to be streamed to their audiences via this global platform. Broadway On Demand fulfills Broadway’s long-held promise of being the ‘longest street in the world’.
The Production Associate Contractor will be responsible for providing expert client support to our organizations streaming on both our ShowShareTM platform and on the BOD content platform. They will provide the assessment for these organizations and provide platform build, content management & production solutions for their streams. They will assist with rehearsal, monitoring, troubleshooting of stream. The production associate will also do website maintenance and management to ensure programming updates on the platform.
· Liaise with numerous organizations on platform & production set up for their BOD or ShowShareTM streaming
· Maintain content management system & front-end updates; Set up content assets and metadata on Broadway On Demand websites
· Set up paywall & coordinate needs to streamline customer experience & patron services
· Assist with monitoring & troubleshooting of the streams
· Cross-department coordination of content set-up and programming schedules with Operations, Customer Service, Finance, Marketing areas.
· Working knowledge of AppleTV, Roku, Amazon FireTV Stick, and Chromecast
· Working knowledge of Android and Apple devices
· Understanding of livestream technology and software such as OBS & Streamyard as well as video production
· Experience working in digital media, media production, production management
· Interest in theatre and experience in live performance production
This is a contractor position in a fun and friendly, yet hard working environment. Hours will rotate depending on each month’s programming schedule and will require evenings and weekends.