RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Coordinator, Accounting
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, the Coordinator, Accounting will work with the Finance team to manage vendor payment for the company. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, quantitative thinker who is adept at noticing errors, must be able to multitask and prioritize as well as remain highly organized.
Role & Responsibilities
- Code and batch invoices for processing by client, vendor, and contractor.
- Review invoices to ensure the vendor is active, vendor record is up to date and confirm the invoice is not a duplicate
- Monitor queues in the document management system to follow up on issues that need to be resolved, working with the outside contact where necessary.
- Assist with the processing of intercompany invoices.
- Audit invoices and research unusual transactions; bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management as required.
- Collect and review new vendor paperwork – ensure that all the required documentation has been submitted and due diligence has been performed.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Assist in the timely and accurate flow of information in/out of the department to all internal and external players.
- Provide general administrative support as requested.
- Act as a point of contact for vendors and clients.
- Assist with the department’s monthly Amex reconciliation.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in accounting or a related field, or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of accounts payable experience preferred.
- Good technical and analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work with people across multiple disciplines.
- Excellent oral and written communication ability
- Ability to work independently on a variety of projects while working toward team and individual goals.
- Microsoft Office 365 Skills
- Familiarity with all aspects of accounts payable.
- Flexibility to shift priorities as needed to service the department needs
- Understanding of and commitment to maintaining current knowledge of industry trends, concepts, products, practices and financial arrangement.
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
- Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Manager, Finance
- Mobile (in NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to regularly perform their job responsibilities remotely up to two (2) days per week, with three (3) days per week operating out of the RWS New York City headquarters.
Salary: Minimum $58,500 annual exempt salary
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.
Get in Touch!
Please submit at this link via JazzHR by 9/26/2021