This Summer, Change a Life Through Theater
A Summer of Opportunity
Counselors are the heart of the Ghostlight Theater Camp community. They create opportunities for campers to be creative and joyful, support their social-emotional growth, and help camp operate efficiently, safely, and with maximum levels of fun, connection and transformation.
The role of a counselor
As a Ghostlight Counselor, your job is to support your campers throughout their time at camp. You will:
- Live with campers in a cabin, sleep in a bunk bed, eat 3 meals a day in the dining pavilion, share a bathroom, and make theater.
- Instruct or assist a camp activity, such as dance, scene-study, improv, a cappella, nature, cooking, or yoga.
- Collaborate on our festival of shows! We are particularly seeking counselors with props design, lighting, and stage management experience.
- Be fully present with campers, listening when they want to talk, and giving them your full attention.
- Model self-care and best creative practices for campers by growing and investing in inclusivity, self-expression, participation, and self-reliance.
- Bring your unique talents, compassionate heart, endless enthusiasm, and best self to our incredible community of artists.
Counselors must be available for a week of training before camp begins. All counselors will have an interview once they apply and are subject to a background check before they can attend camp. Counselors will receive on-line training in advance of camp as well as orientation when they get to camp.
Ghostlight Counselors are inclusive, authentic, good role models, and always there for the camper.
Dates for 2021:
Training: June 20th – June 25th
Full Session: June 26th – August 10th
More Information and Application Here: www.ghostlighttheatercamp.com/work-with-us
Ghostlight Theater Camp is is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively seek to create a more diverse and inclusive staff and community each summer and encourage applicants who bring life-experiences and points-of-view that will expand our community’s ability to tell stories and reflect a diverse world to our campers.
June 20, 2021 - August 10, 2021