Pacific Northwest Ballet
Seattle, WA 98109
The craftsperson will work on a variety of costume accessories, millinery, embellishments and textile arts for all new and existing productions. The Costume Technician Craftsperson is the theatre artist who creates all accessory or special costume projects as designated by the Costume Designer and the needs of the returning repertories. A high level of knowledge, independent judgment, creativity, initiative and problem-solving skills are necessary. Work includes new builds with internationally acclaimed designers and choreographers as well as remounts of existing and rented productions.
• Interprets and implements costume crafts project as designated by the Costume Designer. These items may include, but are not limited to: tiaras, hats, jewelry, footwear, armor, foam structures, mechanical costumes, puppets, masks, belts, fans, and purses, including all new productions and rebuilding & refurbishing of existing productions
• Fabricates the patterns for items through sculpting, drafting or draping
• Fits items on the dancers and actors as necessary
• Manages time and personal safety in an effective manner
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Costume Shop Manager
• Demonstrated theatrical millinery, ornamentation and crafts making experience with a variety of materials, including, but not limited to: fabric and fibers, paint, jewelry components, leather, adhesives, celastic (and nontoxic substitutes), metal work
• Strong stitching, machine work as well as hand finishing will be required
PNB values diverse perspectives, and life experiences; people of color, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Go to https://www.pnb.org/aboutpnb/employment/ for full job description
August 16, 2021 -
$24.00 - 26.50