New York, NY 10001
Broadway Licensing (www.broadwaylicensing.com) is a full service theatrical partner specializing in the development, production and worldwide distribution of new and established theatrical properties. Approaching the licensing universe with a wholly personal and producorial vision, the company partners with authors, agents and producers to harness the power derived from embracing the intersection of art and commerce. The company also includes the catalogue of Playscripts (www.playscripts.com), which specializes in educational and amateur theater.
The Customer Support Specialist will be responsible for providing crucial support to the Amateur Licensing Partners by providing front line aid to educational organizations and theaters, assisting them with securing rights for productions and providing personalized service to enhance the licensee’s creative experience.
The position demands strong customer service and organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects, have creative vision, attention to detail, and an intense dedication to the company's core values of service to both customers and playwrights.
· Handle a high volume of customer inquiries
· Process license requests via phone/email for both Playscripts & Broadway Licensing
· Answer customer queries regarding show content, permissible cuts & author approvals
· Manage customer accounts, e-script delivery & handle perusal requests
· Place orders, process payments & purchase orders
· Administer all invoices & vendor forms
· Coordinate cross-departmentally with Sales, Operations, Finance, Marketing & Materials
· Track orders and shipping
· Implement territorial restrictions & message those restrictions to customers
· Occasionally correspond with authors regarding show information
· Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in an office environment
· Must be able to work at a fast pace while managing multiple tasks and maintaining a professional attitude
· Meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
· Ability to initiate projects and see them through to completion
· Mastery of Microsoft Office and Outlook, web browsing software
· Strong phone and interpersonal communication skills
· Creative problem-solving skills
· A willingness to travel occasionally
· Experience working in Adobe Digital Editions
· Customer service or front desk background
· Interest in theatre
This is a full-time, entry-level position in a fun and friendly, yet hard working environment. Hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM, but may adjust to an 8:30AM start during busier months. Salary is commensurate with experience. Broadway Licensing offers excellent benefits, including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance.