The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
The Public is looking to hire a Development Assistant, Leadership Giving position in the Major Gifts–Leadership Giving team. The position will support high-level fundraising efforts to support the mission of The Public Theater. The Development Assistant, Leadership Giving will execute administrative functions including tracking deadlines and activity, maintaining database records and updating information, drafting donor communication as needed, and serving the Department’s staffing needs for special events. Reporting to the Development Associate, Leadership and Campaign Giving, this role will help ensure exceptional donor stewardship and acquisition of capital gifts, production underwriting, and annual operating support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
· Provide general administrative support for Advisor, Leadership Giving and Development Associate, Leadership Giving, including filing expense reports;
· Track activity and deadlines in a to-do list and ensure all information is captured in Tessitura database;
· Maintain Tessitura records for major donors and prospects;
· Create and track donor correspondence as needed, including solicitation letters, invitations, administrative communication;
· Provide accurate information on ticket availability and Public Theater programming;
· Ensure excellent, prompt response to all donor inquiries;
· Support Leadership Giving team in providing reports on activity for major donors as needed;
· Staff Partner evenings, opening nights, and special events;
· Additional duties to be assigned as needed.
Successful candidate will work effectively and comfortably with multiple constituencies and audiences including high profile donors. S/he will possess excellent verbal and written skills, including a strict attention to detail and possess meaningful customer service experience. A team player committed to developing and working within a supportive, collaborative and collegial environment, this candidate will have the ability to perform under tight deadlines in a very fast-paced environment. S/he must also be able to work independently and manage multiple priorities and projects at once. Strong computer skills required, specifically in Excel and Word. Tessitura knowledge preferred but not required. Minimum two years of related work experience.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is a Non-Exempt full-time position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is eligible for over-time. Please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org