National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene
New York, NY 10280
DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR/INSTITUTIONAL GIVING ASSOCIATE
Now celebrating its 105th season, Tony Award-nominated and Drama Desk Award-winning National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene (NYTF) is the longest consecutively producing theatre in the US and the world's oldest continuously operating Yiddish theatre company. NYTF, which presented the award-winning Fiddler on the Roof in Yiddish, directed by Joel Grey, to sold out audiences before it moved to Off-Broadway, is in residence at the Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust, located in Lower Manhattan. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Zalmen Mlotek and Executive Director Dominick Balletta, NYTF is dedicated to creating a living legacy through the arts, connecting generations and bridging communities.
NYTF aims to bring history to life by reviving and restoring lost and forgotten work, commissioning new work, and adapting pre-existing work for the 21st Century. Serving a diverse audience comprised of performing arts patrons, cultural enthusiasts, Yiddish-language aficionados and the general public, the company presents plays, musicals, concerts, lectures, interactive educational workshops and community-building activities in English and Yiddish, with English and Russian supertitles accompanying performances.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Coordinator/Institutional Giving Associate is a salaried full-time position, providing support to NYTF’s Development Staff.
· Oversight of NYTF database, processing gifts and maintaining database records
· Create donor recognition lists for website, programs and event journals
· Create and manage lists for development/marketing campaigns and generate fundraising reports with DonorPerfect / Ovationtix software
· Maintain all development hard copy and electronic materials
· Collaborate with NYTF Marketing Team on developing fundraising materials
· Work with NYTF’s Institutional Giving Consultant to edit and execute grants and compile grant reports
· Prepare and Process grant documents and acknowledgements
· Track all contributed income and event tickets, providing NYTF Development Team with timely reporting
· Responsible for generating development correspondence (including committee letters and donation acknowledgements)
· Management of guest and prospect lists for all special events
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
· A Bachelor's degree; with ideally two to three years in non-profit/development experience
· Strong attention to detail
· Demonstrated facility with Donor Perfect, or a comparable program
· Good working knowledge with MS Office suite programs
· Demonstrated skill in writing professional correspondence
· Be able to interact with artistic, outreach, and finance and operations departments
· Have a positive attitude, the ability to multi-‐task and manage multiple projects, and a love for the performing arts
· Sense of humor
· Russian, Yiddish or Hebrew is a plus, but not required
· The ability to work some evening and weekend hours, as necessary.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Coordinator/Institutional Giving Associate 2020 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
March 1, 2020 -