Branford , CT
Development Director Job Description
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing all of Legacy Theatre’s fundraising. The Development Director will work closely with the organization’s leadership team, board of directors and marketing team to develop and articulate a strategic development plan for the theatre and to implement the strategies and initiatives to ensure Legacy Theatre continues to meet its mission and artistic goals.
Fundraising and Development
· Build, oversee, and execute the implementation of an aspirational, achievable annual development plan.
· Cultivate and retain Founding Patrons and current list of donors.
· Build and execute donor, solicitation, and stewardship (performance invitations, notes, greetings, etc.) strategies for existing donors and new prospects.
· Craft strategies to leverage Legacy’s current programs, activities, and events to promote greater donor and sponsor participation.
· Serve as primary contact for individual donors, including the Board of Directors.
· Coordinate Advisory Council fundraising activities, in partnership with Managing Director.
· Oversee and implement effective strategies for the annual fund: direct mail, online giving, events, sponsorships, and new initiatives.
· Secure high-level donor meetings and be comfortable with major gift solicitations.
· Close major gifts to meet annual development goals.
· Collaborate with the Marketing team on outreach, audience building, and embedding fundraising language in all communications.
Foundation & Government Relations
· Maintain a detailed grants calendar and execute the preparation and submission of grant applications and award report materials.
· Cultivate relationships with foundation prospects (program-specific and general operating).
· Build relationships with program officers and other corporate and institutional contacts in partnership with leadership staff.
Operations and Administration
· Manage donor acknowledgments and correspondence.
· Lead donor correspondence efforts including production of (write, manage lists, print, distribute) board reports and annual reports.
· Maintain donor database.
· Track invoice, acknowledgment, and payment processes for sponsors and donors.
· Minimum of 5+ years in non-profit fundraising, preferably in an arts organization.
· Comfortable making a major ask to donors at all levels.
· Success in securing major gifts, grants, and sponsorships, as well as achieving fundraising goals.
· Ability to manage budgets and prepare financial reports.
· Strategic thinker and persuasive communicator who understands the value of relationships.
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in oral and written forms.
· Highly organized, flexible, collaborative, motivated, and a fast learner.
· Self-motivated and able to thrive in an environment without direct supervision.
· Exceptional program, project, and time management skills, while remaining highly organized, creative, and detail-focused.
· Collaborative with strong interpersonal skills.
· Experience with Donor Perfect or other CRM, is a plus.
· All Legacy Theatre staff members must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination is required prior to the start of work.
Legacy Theatre does not discriminate based on race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability (physical or mental), age, status as a parent, or genetic information. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring, and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and serving individuals who are eligible for its programs. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, patrons, and volunteers.
About Legacy Theatre
The Legacy Theatre is a professional theatre company that enhances the Connecticut Shoreline's economy, educational opportunities, and quality of life through live theatre and related programs. The Legacy strives to be a premiere Arts house and to ensure ongoing seasons of uplifting, inspiring and challenging professional theatre, and theatre training for all. Legacy Theatre is a 501 c 3, non-profit organization.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to [email protected] No Phone Calls Please.
Sep 6, 2022 - Aug 4, 2022
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.