Manhattan Theatre Club
New York, NY 10036
Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, seeks a full time Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager. Founded in 1970, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by contemporary American and international playwrights. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway's Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and off-Broadway at the historic NY City Center complex on West 55th Street.
The best candidate is highly skilled in social media strategy and implementation, digital marketing strategy, graphic design; website management; and web analytics. The Digital Marketing Manager will lead MTC’s digital strategy, all organic social media, and email blast design and strategy. They will also work closely with the Director of Marketing and MTC’s advertising agencies in the production of non-digital materials including print and video and working with the press office on Playbill and press releases. There will be additional day-to-day activities within the department including management of MTC’s 30 under 35 program and other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Marketing. This position interacts with many departments including General Management, Artistic, and Executive Producer so good communication, collaboration, interpersonal skills are a must.
* Minimum 4 years of professional experience in an In-house marketing department or Agency environment is required.
* Strong understanding of digital marketing and social media best practice, including website and email design and segmentation.
* Project management experience; maintaining many projects simultaneously; and co-ordinating between multiple external agencies and vendors.
* Graphic design skills, particularly Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
* Video editing skills for social media
* Experience in website administration and content creation including an understanding of web analytics and site design strategy. Experience working in WordPress a plus.
* Experience planning, creating and sending email blasts (Wordfly a plus).
* Experience in social media leadership.
* Experience in brand guardianship, including visual consistency and tone of voice.
* Excellent proofreading skills, and attention to detail.
* Experience coordinating photo/video shoots and basic events.
* Love for New York Theatre, and general knowledge of the industry and current events.
This is a full time, exempt salaried position with full benefits package including: health insurance, dental coverage, basic life and long term disability insurance, paid time off and 401(K), complimentary tickets to MTC productions, and flex savings plans.
To Apply: Forward resume and cover letter to HR Director, at: email@example.com with the subject “Digital Marketing” (MS Word, Adobe PDF or plain-text format only).
Manhattan Theatre Club believes that equity, diversity and inclusion should be essential elements of all activity within the organization. We are proud to be a preeminent theatre in one of the most diverse cities in America and strive to represent that both on and off-stage. MTC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
For more about MTC, visit www.manhattantheatreclub.com