Director of Major Gifts
San Diego Repertory Theatre
San Diego Repertory Theatre
POSITION TITLE: Director of Major Gifts
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of External Affairs
ORGANIZATION San Diego Repertory Theatre (The REP) produces intimate, provocative, inclusive theatre. We promote an interconnected community through vivid works that nourish progressive political and social values and celebrate the multiple voices of our region. We are committed to diversity both on-stage and among our staff and invite interested applicants to review our EDI statement here. We encourage applications from marginalized communities including black, native Folx, people of color, LGBTQIA+, women, neurodiverse, and folx with disabilities.
POSITION SUMMARY Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, the Director of Major Gifts cultivates, solicits, and stewards a portfolio of major prospects and donors ($2,500 and above). They support and partner with the Director of External Affairs in the strategizing, planning, and implementation of all mid-level and major giving activities. The Director develops the overall strategy for the REP’s signature donor engagement touchpoints, such as opening nights, donor luncheons, and more.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
● Partner with Director of External Affairs in creating and implementing annual development plan
● Cultivate, steward, and solicit a portfolio of donors for gifts $2,500 and above
● Persuasively convey the REP’s mission to diverse groups of stakeholders
● Implement strategy for current donors and prospects
● Work with Director of External Affairs to plan and manage meetings with development team members, community and corporate leaders, and members of the Board of Trustees
● Work with Director of External Affairs to design and manage cash and in-kind sponsorship program
● Collaborate in planning and implementation of donor events, including opening nights, Inner Circle special events, and Board meetings and retreats
● Other responsibilities as assigned
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS
● Intellectual curiosity, drive, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor
● 3+ years of non-profit frontline fundraising experience, or equivalent corporate sales experience
● Commitment to collaborating with a group of diverse donors and talented colleagues
● Proven ability to research, develop, and implement fundraising strategies that guide annual campaign efforts
● Proficiency in fundraising database administration and management (Tessitura a plus)
● Exemplary communications and writing skills
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Commitment to the AFP Code of Ethical Standards and the AFP Donor Bill of Rights
● Spanish language proficiency is a plus Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed. Interest in theatre arts a plus.
COMPENSATION This full-time exempt position will receive compensation of $70,000 - $80,000 per year plus benefits, including paid vacation, employer sponsored health insurance, employee-paid dental and vision insurance, and participation in 403b and FSA plans.
TO APPLY Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject ‘DMG Opening’. No phone calls, please.
The REP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, sex or sexual orientation, or any other protected category in its hiring and employment practices, or in any other aspect of the employment relationship.
APPLY BY EMAIL
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is
encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your
preferred email client.
APPLY BY POSTAL SERVICE