New York, NY
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS-SIGNATURE THEATRE
Signature Theatre, one of New York's leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS for The Pershing Square Signature Center on West 42nd Street.
Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened The Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field and aligning with Signature theatre’s institutional goals and priorities focused on playwrights, community and access are strongly encouraged to apply.
Signature is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility and welcomes candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for underrepresented communities.
Please read our commitment to creating a theatre focused on EDIA at signaturetheatre.org
The Director of Marketing and Communications leads a team and is responsible for strategic thinking around all marketing and communication efforts, with a focus on supporting Signature’s mission, the Signature Ticket Initiative, and audience engagement. Signature seeks high level leadership and strategic focus on Signature’s brand positioning, the major opportunity to enhance Signature’s public spaces, and audience and community development. Specific areas of ongoing oversight include: printed and digital collateral; integrated advertising, media and public relations plans in support of shows and the institution; membership relations/events; web and digital media management and growth; and rigorous community engagement.
Marketing and Sales
· Direct and manage all brand strategy initiatives, ensuring brand governance, consistency and quality
· Develop all membership, group sales and single ticket sales initiatives, including pricing strategies and inventory management
· Plan and oversee execution of all advertising and marketing campaigns for a diverse spectrum of programs and projects, develop key art for Signature productions, create and manage budgets and schedules, and supervise all media buys with various outlets including print, digital, radio and television
· Oversee all design projects with designers and publishing vendors
· Plan and implement market research and data analytics, and ensure a culture of data-driven decision-making
Communications and Content Development
· Liaise with outside public relations firm, collaborating on overall press strategy; Coordinate press releases and all press & promotional events with artists and staff
· Oversee all editorial content including Playbill, dramaturgical show panels, and digital media, including photography, videography, and other recordings for artistic programs, historic content, and archival documentation
· Lead content creation planning across the organization; seize opportunity to innovate in the digital space
· Oversee all organic and paid social media initiatives and all eblast communications
· Maintain and develop Signature’s website and ticketing systems
· Establish a public-facing customer service ethos that informs all interactions with Signature stakeholders
· Support box office and front of house operations of Signature Theatre, The Pershing Square Signature Center and rentals
· Support the operations of Signature Bookstore and Signature Café and Bar
· Passion for building audiences and strategic approach to ongoing audience engagement
· Significant track record of progressively responsible experience in marketing/advertising for not-for-profit institutions in the visual or performing arts or related field
· Comprehensive knowledge of marketing and communication concepts, practices, and techniques in all formats
· Strong knowledge of sales, pricing and ticketing strategies
· Creative eye for design
· Hands-on self-starter who works well within a fast-paced environment and effectively manages multiple complex projects and meets multiple deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and public relations skills including the ability to work seamlessly and collaboratively with artists and staff
· Ability to engage externally in theatre industry, media realm and various nontraditional communities
· Knowledge of Tessitura and Abode Creative Suite is a plus
· Proven innovator with an appetite for expansive thinking, creativity, community-building and radical inclusion
1. Experience supervising team member(s)
2. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills
4. Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
This is a full-time salaried exempt position with an annual salary that will commensurate with experience and within the range of $90,000- $110,000.00.
Benefits include group health, dental, and vision plans, as well as the opportunity to participate in tax-saving flexible spending, commuter and 401(k) plans.
Seeking to fill the position by September 15th. There will be 3 rounds of interviews.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, disability, genetic predisposition, age, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Aug 15, 2022 -