Portland, ME 04112
With responsibility for co-directing and managing all Portland Ovations activity that happens beyond the concert stage known as our Ovations Offstage programming — the Director of Ovations Offstage, Community Partnerships champions the vision and drives community programs for Ovations Offstage in accordance with O2’s Three Pillars. Responsibilities span from program design and execution to strategic expansion to partnership and resource development and department-related development activity. The Director of Ovations Offstage, Community Partnerships works hand-in-hand with the Director of Offstage, School Partnerships to cohesively realize the execution of Ovations’ programs onstage and off.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
· Plan, manage and execute all community-based, public activities with visiting artists and local partners including but not limited to masterclasses, talkbacks, community workshops, pre-performance lectures, symposia/panels (in-person or virtual).
· Curate and moderate (or select a moderator, as is necessary) pre-performance lecture series.
· Direct and manage all Catalyst-level programs with creation/producing/community-intense residencies.
· Leverage, nurture and define key community partnerships – and the collaborative programs thereof – that bring greater depth, breadth and visibility to Ovations’ community programs.
· Collaborate with Director of Ovations Offstage, School Programs on the planning and execution of public lectures, panels, and masterclasses in relationship with universities and colleges.
· Partner with Director of Ovations Offstage, School Partnerships to prepare, monitor and manage Ovations Offstage budgets, metrics and annual goals.
· Collaborate with Marketing team to promote Ovations Offstage events and help develop audiences and grow attendance.
· Participate in development efforts in support of Ovations’ community engagement programs and initiatives, including major donor stewardship and the preparation and submission of grant proposals and reports.
· Drive special initiatives that engage community and span Ovations’ functional areas, including our program to increase dance audiences, Raise the Barre, and a community ticket program.
· Help realize Ovations Offstage’s use of space to advance community engagement.
· Provide leadership to stakeholders, partners and board members who collaborate on programming.
· Other tasks as needed
· Minimum three years management experience in senior level position(s).
· Experience working collaboratively across functional areas to develop and manage initiatives.
· Experience producing and executing medium to large-scale public events.
· Computer and administrative skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office suite programs – email, word processing, spreadsheets and Zoom.
· Travel to various locations in Portland and surrounding areas is required. The individual in this position is responsible for providing their own transportation. They will be reimbursed at the IRS’ standard mileage rate.
· Physical Requirements: Applicants must be able to do the following physical tasks: stand and sit for periods of time, lift 50 – 100 pounds with assistance from one other individual, execute or manage room set up including moving tables, arranging and stacking chairs, setting up projection screens, projectors, and PA systems.
Skills & Qualities
· Optimistic, visionary self-starter with excellent organization and communication skills.
· Problem-solving, strategic, flexible and creative thinker.
· Strong listening skills, compassion and intercultural sensitivity towards people of various identity markers and life experiences.
· Commitment to active anti-racism, challenging systemic racism and a deep interest in Portland Ovations’ ongoing equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts.
· Affinity for Maine and its cultural communities; knowledge of and passionate connection to the Greater Portland performing arts scene.
· Willingness to continuously challenge norms and embrace new ideas and ways of working.
· Experience working with non-profit boards and related committees and as well as development/fundraising.
· Excellent analytic skills and fluency with budgets.
Portland Ovations is currently working remotely and will continue to do so through the summer. Remote work is expected to remain a partial component of the work environment.
Portland Ovations values and is committed to equity and social justice for all. We celebrate, support, and learn from our differences and believe an inclusive and diverse workplace creates a thriving organization benefiting our employees, our programs, and our communities. Ovations is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and welcomes applications from candidates demonstrating diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and national origin. Portland Ovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hours and Compensation:
This is a full-time 40 hour a week position. Evening and weekend hours are required.
Salary range: $45,000 – $54,000 plus benefits
Please send a cover letter, resume and 2 – 3 references (will not contact until post-interviews) with the subject line “Director of Ovations Offstage, Community Partnerships”: to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Salary range: $45,000 – $54,000 plus benefits