The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey
Florham Park, NJ
SHAKESPEARE THEATRE OF NEW JERSEY (STNJ)
Position Title: Education Programs Coordinator
Classification: Year-round, Full-time
Reports to: Director of Education
The Thomas H. Kean Theatre Factory
3 Vreeland Rd, Florham Park, NJ 07932
About the Theatre: The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey (STNJ) is one of the nation’s oldest, most prestigious, classic theatres, serving thousands of constituents annually through its work on its two stages, and through a large array of education programs.
Mission: STNJ’s mission is two-fold: to bring new, relevant life to the world’s classics for a diverse audience; and to use those masterworks to provide transformative experiences on stage and in classrooms. As a teaching theatre, the company is dedicated to using the classics as interdisciplinary teaching tools for artist training and arts education.
Position Summary: STNJ is seeking a highly organized individual with administrative and office experience, a personable demeanor, and excellent communication skills to join the company as Education Programs Coordinator. The Education Programs Coordinator is a full-time, year-round position which handles coordination and support for the Theatre’s many education programs. Duties include booking field trips, in-school tours, and workshops; registering youth and adult participants for seasonal programming; liaising with educators for in-school and after-school residencies; and responding to inquiries about STNJ programming. The Education Programs Coordinator will inherit existing systems for managing these established programs. An integral member of STNJ’s Education Department, the Education Programs Coordinator will also act as a teaching assistant on select STNJ education programs.
· Book and maintain records for school groups and in-school tours
· Liaise with school administrators, educators, and other constituents in a clear and friendly manner; maintain established partnerships and aid in forging new partnerships
· Maintain and update existing STNJ education databases
· Assist in marketing initiatives for education programs
· Process program registrations and coordinate communications with registrants
· Participate in regular staff and departmental meetings
· Assist teaching artists on select workshops, residencies, and other programs
· Work with the broader STNJ staff for major endeavors, including fundraising events
· Other duties as assigned
· Motivated, detail-oriented team-player and a proactive problem-solver
· Aptitude with computers and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Word) and Google’s Office Suite of programs
· Administrative experience preferred
· Excellent communications skills in various forms of communication required
· Experience in ticketing or donor software a plus
· Familiarity with New Jersey schools a plus
· Theatre background (professional or educational) a plus
· Driver’s license required
Compensation: Starting salary for this position is $40,000/annually, based on experience and qualifications. STNJ offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, 403(b) retirement savings plan, paid vacation, personal, and holiday leaves after a 90-day probationary period.
Application Process: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references in PDF format to Brian B. Crowe, Director of Education at [email protected] No phone calls, please.
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey has instituted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. Proof of vaccination must be provided before beginning work. All employees must agree to adhere to The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey’s COVID Safety Plan.
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring, supporting, and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard for race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Applicants from historically underrepresented groups in the industry are encouraged to apply.
Jan 2, 2023 -
$40,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.