Quintessence Theatre Group
Philadelphia, PA 19119
Quintessence Theatre Group now accepting applications:
Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Status: Full Time Permanent/Exempt Position to start immediately. Must have experience in administration.
Salary range: $65,000-$70,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
Benefits: Health insurance, dental insurance, and paid time off policy.
Quintessence Theatre Group (QTG) seeks an Executive Director (ED) to oversee, implement and guarantee sustainability of QTG’s operations, programs, finances and community support. The ED works with the Board of Directors to ensure the programmatic and operational integrity, viability and excellence of the theatre company. The ED will work in partnership – and as a peer – with the Artistic Director in the company’s organizational structure. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ED plays a critical role in the exciting expansion and growth of an award-winning professional classic theatre company located in the Mt. Airy neighborhood of Northwest Philadelphia.
· Direct QTG’s administration, finances, company management, audience services, marketing and communications.
· Manage and lead the activities of all administrative staff, excluding the Artistic Director who reports directly to the Board of Directors.
· Work with staff and board to uphold QTG’s commitment to anti-racism, equity and inclusion.
· Increase contributed revenue through grants, corporate sponsors and individual donors. Oversee all development efforts, supervising a Development Operations Manager and Grant Writer.
· Nurture and develop relationships with donors, corporations, foundations and community and government agencies. Oversee community relations, including all outreach programs.
· Work closely with the Artistic Director to sustain artistic excellence and enhance audience experience. Develop, oversee and manage budgets with the Artistic Director.
· Negotiate contracts with actors and designers.
· Provide staff support to Board of Directors so that Board meetings are productive and committees operate efficiently. Work closely with the Chair of the Board of Directors.
· Manage all QTG finances.
· Minimum of 3 years in arts management/administration, development and/or marketing in arts or a related non-profit organization.
· Ability to think and plan strategically and plan for/achieve theatre growth objectives for both audiences and revenue.
· Proven track record in fundraising and management.
· Understanding of budgeting, budget tracking and accrual accounting.
· Knowledge of Quickbooks Online.
· Desirable: experience with PatronManager, experience with capital campaigns and knowledge of greater Philadelphia philanthropic community.
Quintessence Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment of the provision of services or any other category protected by law.
Please email your resume and a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Resumes@quintessencetheatre.org with “Executive Director” in the subject line. Candidates invited to interview will be asked to provide 3 references. No phone calls please. Interviews will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is found.
About the Quintessence Theatre Group:
Founded in 2009, Quintessence Theatre Group is the only professional theater company in culturally and economically diverse Northwest Philadelphia. It is a signatory producer with Actors’ Equity Association.
We fulfill our mission by re-envisioning the classics for present-day audiences while remaining true to the epic scope and poetic text. This approach attracts both nationally recognized and local actors who find challenge and inspiration in Quintessence’s thought-provoking and innovative productions. A robust outreach program introduces thousands of children under 18 to the classics through family-friendly productions, interactive school workshops, and student matinees with talkbacks.
Learn more at www.quintessencetheatre.org
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Quintessence Theatre Group is an EOE/AA employer and values diversity in the workplace. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
August 23, 2021 -