Theatre Development Fund
New York, NY 10018
Finance and Payroll Associate
Organization: Theatre Development Fund (TDF)
Location: New York, NY
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
About Theatre Development Fund
Theatre Development Fund, Inc. (“TDF”), a not-for-profit organization founded in 1967 to promote the performing arts, is a broadly-oriented service and advocacy organization dedicated to bringing the power of the performing arts to everyone. TDF’s activities fall into three areas. TDF expands access, making the performing arts accessible to all by removing cultural, physical and financial barriers. TDF cultivates communities of theatergoers, by engaging, educating and encouraging people to make the performing arts an essential part of their lives. TDF supports theatre makers and sustains creators and advances the industry through convenings, research and the TDF Costume Collection. Through its programs, TDF brings theatre into the lives of over 2,000,000 people per year. TDF’s efforts are primarily focused in New York, but it has also been involved in audience development efforts for the performing arts across the United States and, on a limited basis, internationally.
About the Position
The FINANCE AND PAYROLL ASSOCIATE is a vital member of the Finance and Human Resources departments, assisting in ensuring a smooth flow in processes related to accounting and payroll. This individual will report to the Accounting Manager with a matrix report to the HR Generalist, and will work closely with the Director of Finance. The work for this position has the possibility of a remote/office hybrid schedule, which is typically 35 hrs/week. In this role the right candidate will have full ownership of, but not limited to, the following:
• Handles a wide range of general accounting and finance duties
• Responsible for most Accounts Payable entries
• Responsible for most Revenue Receipts/Receivables entries, as well as bank deposits and bank balance monitoring
• Manages and submits weekly union payroll for the box office and semi-monthly payroll for the Education department including entering new hire information. Creates and manages various payroll-related reports
• Makes weekly required pension and welfare payments for bargaining unit members while ensuring compliance with all union contracts
• Assists HR Generalist with various special projects
• You understand the importance of being able to effectively communicate, including being a good listener
• You have a basic understanding of accounting principles
• You are a creative thinker and able to use experience and imagination to resolve issues
• You work well with others and have a desire to learn and implement new ideas
• You are eager to learn about and acquire an in-depth knowledge of new systems, software, and office processes
• You use Microsoft Excel at an advanced level
• You have a basic understanding of Microsoft Dynamics Business Central or similar Accounting Software packages and understanding of ADP Totalsource or similar payroll systems. Experience with Tessitura is a plus, but not required
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range is $50k-$60k and an excellent benefits package is offered which includes medical, dental, vision and PTO.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Resumes@tdf.org. You may also use this email address should you have any accessibility concerns regarding this position.
Start Date: October 18, 2021
TDF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We are committed to diversity in all areas of our
work, both in our programs and in our workplaces. We encourage applicants with a unique cultural perspective inclusive of race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, class, physical ability and sexual orientation.
October 18, 2021 -