Two River Theater
Red Bank, NJ 07701
FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER
Job Description – Part Time/Hourly Position
The Food and Beverage Manager’s primary esponsibilities include management and the implementation of the theater’s concession food and beverage operations; and leadership, planning and logistical support for special events and projects related to food and beverage service. This position, in part, is newly created in connection to the theater obtaining a Plenary Retail Consumption Theater Exception liquor license. The position provides the right candidate a unique opportunity to create and manage a new patron amenity at one the New Jersey’s premiere arts organizations.
About Two River Theater
Two River Theater is non-profit organization located in the vibrant Jersey Shore community of Red Bank NJ. Two River is committed to creating great American theater by developing and producing work by some of the country’s leading artists. We are proud to be viewed as a vital cultural resource in the community. Through 6+ theatrical productions each year (over 150 annual performances of world premieres, musicals, classics and theater for young audiences), 50+ annual audience engagement/community events and 15+ plus annual venue rentals, Two River serves an audience of approximately 50,000 annually. Two River celebrates and honors our core values of Artistic Excellence; Education and Community Engagement; Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; and Operational Excellence. Anyone who joins our collaborative and fun team quickly becomes part of putting all of our initiatives into action day in and day out. Two River Theater is under the leadership of Artistic Director John Dias and Managing Director Michael Hurst.
Two River Theater is dedicated to the goal of building an equitable and culturally diverse work environment and strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
- Design, implement and oversee the Theater’s food and beverage concessions including, but not limited to, creating a drink menu with specials and sourcing assorted pre-packaged food items.
- Hire, train, supervise and schedule the part time/hourly concessions and event staff.
- Manage our point of sale system, TOAST including reconciliation of daily sales and reporting.
- Manage supply orders from multiple vendors, inventory for concessions and events, using XtraCHEF inventory tracking software.
- Create and execute an annual food and beverage expense and revenue budget.
- Ensure compliance with food and health safety practices according to any state or local regulations.
- Oversee the Theater’s kitchen and concessions equipment to ensure proper maintenance and servicing.
- Ensure compliance with any regulations and policies in accordance with the State Alcoholic Beverage Controls (the NJ ABC) and the town of Red Bank.
- The position reports to and works directly with the theater management and as a collaborative partner with various departments including Marketing, Development, Production, Facilities and Front of House Management in connection with all theater performances and events.
- Provide leadership, planning and logistical support for special events and projects related to food and beverage service. This includes events throughout the year including, but not limited to, donor cultivation events, galas/fundraisers, community/marketing events, presentations, readings and opening nights.
- Support the development of TRT’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives as they relate to your area of duties.
- Perform all work in a manner that is consistent with Two River’s core values, including our commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Prior experience in bar and food management and/or event catering.
- Experience with supervising food and beverage staff preferred.
- Familiarity with state and local food and health safety policies and regulations. Possession of a current NJ State Food Handlers certificate preferred.
- Familiarity with ABC and local alcoholic beverage policies and regulations. Possession of a current ABC Server Card preferred.
- Experience with preparing and managing budgets
- Should exhibit a high degree of organization, attention to details and ability to manage varied projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Covid-19 Vaccination is required.