New York, NY
RCI Theatricals is currently accepting applications for our Winter/Spring 2024 General Management Internship Program.
RCI Theatricals is a Theatrical General Management Company that oversees managing, producing, and maintaining shows throughout various stages of commercial development. Since our founding in 1997, we have maintained a powerful presence in the theatre industry, managing projects of all scopes - Broadway, Off-Broadway, Regional, and Touring - and leveraging our experience and dynamic industry expertise to develop creative solutions to a range of business challenges. We have managed more than 50 Broadway shows, including but not limited to, Hadestown (Tony Award® for Best Musical), & Juliet, Shucked, Harmony, Spamalot, Pictures From Home, Take Me Out (Tony Award® for Best Revival of a Play), Ohio State Murders, A Christmas Carol, The Minutes, American Buffalo, Jagged Little Pill, Ain’t Too Proud - The Life and Times of the Temptations, Chicken & Biscuits, The Inheritance (Tony Award® for Best Play), Oklahoma! (Tony Award® for Best Revival of a Musical), The Great Society, The Sound Inside, Anastasia, American Son, the revival of Torch Song, Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella, August: Osage County (Tony Award® for Best Play), Fiddler on the Roof, Race, The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess (Tony Award® for Best Revival of a Musical), It's Only a Play, and many more shows in development.
We are seeking general management interns for the spring season from self-starting and thoughtful individuals focusing on careers in general management, company management, producing, or arts administration and leadership. Ideal candidates should be professional and personable, efficient and detail-oriented, prepared to contribute to the administrative needs of the office. Candidates should be able to adapt quickly to an ever-changing and fast-paced environment, enjoy finding solutions, and have excellent interpersonal, analytic, and administrative skills.
Our internship program offers an intensive, hands-on experience in commercial theatrical management, including seminars and career coaching with RCI staff members; creation of budgets, contracts, and show management and tracking; as well as practical applications and exposure to our current projects.
- General upkeep of a fast-paced office, including answering and redirecting phone calls, handling mail, copying, scanning, filing, running errands, etc.
- Creating and maintaining files, spreadsheets, and compiling data
- Handling regular inquiries into rehearsal studio availability and rates
- Support with filing and upkeep of show-related documents
- Assisting in coordination of show-related and actor-related travel needs (transportation, housing, etc.)
- Conducting research
- Helping with logistical needs of developmental workshops, readings and work sessions
- Additional unique projects as assigned (examples include contract drafting, assisting with management of readings, and opening night planning)
- Intensive training as well as specific duties and projects under the guidance of experienced supervisors
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to gain a hands-on experience and to learn about the business of Broadway
- Opportunity to shadow company managers for all of our productions in New York
- Observe other aspects of the business (advertising, marketing, etc.), in accordance with the intern's interests
- Complimentary ticket offers as available
Hours: In-office hours are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Full-time candidates are preferred, however small schedule exceptions will be considered. Additional evening or weekend commitments for special events may arise and will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Dates: Start and end dates are flexible with a preference for candidates who can start at the beginning of January, 2024. This cycle will end at the end of May, 2024.
Compensation: Each intern will be paid hourly and receive NYC Minimum Wage. If you are a student seeking to fulfill a course requirement/credit through this internship, RCI will be happy to fill out any necessary paperwork.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume as PDFs to [email protected] by Friday, December 1st, 2023, with the subject line subject line “Spring 2024 GM Internship Application – [LAST NAME, FIRST NAME]”. In your cover letter, make sure that you confirm your availability (full-time, and any scheduling conflicts), the date you are available to start, the date you would need to end by (if applicable), in addition to discussing your career goals and why you believe this internship will help you achieve them.
Please visit www.rcitheatricals.com for more information on RCI Theatricals.
RCI Theatricals is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, familial status, national origin, age, ability, or veteran status.
RCI seeks a broad spectrum of employees and is strongly committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous, and people of color - as well as members of all historically excluded groups - to apply.
Jan 16, 2024 - May 24, 2024
$16.00 – $16.00 per hour
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.