New York, NY 10036
General Management Internship
Richards/Climan, Inc. (RCI) is a Theatrical General Management Company established in 1997 by David R. Richards and Tamar Climan. Current projects include Broadway's Anastasia and the upcoming Broadway revival of Children of a Lesser God, as well as many shows in development. RCI has managed over 50 Broadway shows, including Fiddler on the Roof, Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella, It's Only a Play, The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess (Tony Award® for Best Revival of a Musical), Lady Day at Emerson's Bar & Grill, The Glass Menagerie, You Can't Take It With You, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (Tony Award® for Best Revival of a Play), All the Way (Tony Award® for Best Play), August: Osage County (Tony Award® for Best Play), and many more.
RCI is currently looking for an intern to join our team and learn the ropes of managing Broadway shows in the midst of a busy and exciting Broadway season. We are looking for a self-starting individual focusing on a career in general management, company management, producing, or arts administration. Ideal candidates should be professional and fun, efficient and detail-oriented, up for any challenge and enjoy finding solutions, and have excellent computer skills and a sense of humor.
RCI's internship program offers an intensive experience in commercial theatrical management, including seminars and career coaching with RCI staff members; mock creation of budgets, contracts, and show management and tracking; as well as practical applications and exposure to our current projects.
- General upkeep of a fast-paced office, including answering and redirecting phone calls, handling mail, copying, scanning, filing, running errands, etc.
- Drafting correspondence
- Inquiries into rehearsal studio availability and rates
- Coordination of show- and actor-related travel needs (transportation, housing, etc.)
- Script coverage
- Assistance with documenting and storing production billing, contracts, correspondence, payroll, etc.
- Additional unique projects as assigned (examples include contract drafting, assisting with management of readings, and opening night planning)
Hours are flexible Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Full-time candidates are preferred, but part-time schedules are available. Additional evening or weekend commitments for special events will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Each intern will receive either college credit or a modest weekly stipend. RCI is happy to complete any necessary paperwork for students seeking college credit through this internship.
- Intensive training as well as specific duties and projects under the guidance of experienced supervisors
- Opportunity to shadow company managers for all of our productions in New York
- Observe other aspects of the business (advertising, press, etc.), in accordance with the intern's interests
- An individual desk, computer, and email account
- Complimentary ticket offers as available
Recent participants in RCI's Internship Program have gone on to hold positions at:
101 Productions, Disney Theatrical Group, Dodger Theatricals, DR Theatrical Management, Foresight Theatrical, Frankel Green Theatrical Management, Goodspeed Musicals, Paper Mill Playhouse, Richards/Climan, Inc., Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Teatro Proscenium, Telsey + Co., Theatre for a New Audience, Troika Entertainment, Williamstown Theatre Festival, Zach Theatre
Please send cover letter and resume as PDFs to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please note if you are available full- or part-time and your preferred start and end dates.
March 5, 2018 - May 25, 2018