The Adrienne Arsht Center
Miami, FL 33132
Reporting to the Director, Production, the Head Electrician will supervise the load-in, run and load-out of all Carnival Studio Theater (CST) productions. The Master Electrician works with Center Technical Directors to determine safe and efficient use of crew and resources. This person must possess significant practical knowledge of theatrical electrical, electronic and electromechanical systems and managerial skill to lead and motivate crew of various levels of experience.
· Program and operate lighting console for all productions and events.
· Create basic lighting looks for in house performances and events.
· Supervise and run IATSE Local 500 crews for load-ins, set-ups and load-outs.
· Work with Production department reviewing technical riders and production schedules.
· Perform routine maintenance of all Carnival Studio Theater (CST) lighting equipment and systems.
· Responsible at all times for properly securing lighting equipment and related tools.
· Prepare and process forms for equipment repairs and procurement.
· Act as Head Electrician as needed in Ancillary Venues throughout the Center.
· Assist with supervision of all technical aspects of mounting productions and events.
· Keep accurate inventory and maintenance logs of all Carnival Studio Theater (CST) equipment.
· Adhere to and enforce all IATSE Local 500 regulations.
· Coordinate inspections and repairs of Carnival Studio Theater (CST) facilities and equipment.
· Maintain safe working conditions.
· Have a professional demeanor at all times.Ideal Experience
· Must be proficient in operation and programming of the ETC Ion console, associated equipment and software.
· Programming and running moving lights desirable.
· Basic hands-on knowledge of stage carpentry and rigging.
· Experience working with and running union crews.
· Experience with various types of performance events (theatre, music, dance, children’s performances and special events).
· Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate and interact with internal and external colleagues in a positive and constructive manner.
· Must be well organized.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Products; knowledge of VectorWorks and AutoCAD a plus.
· Degree in Technical Theater or equivalent working experience in a professional theatrical production, minimum three years.
The Head Electrician for the Carnival Studio Theater should be:
· Action-oriented; a doer
· Affable, easy to get to know
· Determined and persistent
· Highly energetic
· Dedicated to accomplishing the organization’s goals
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the Adrienne Arsht Center as the requirements of the job change.
The Adrienne Arsht Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented both onstage and off.