New York, NY 10013
Theatre Row, a program of non-profit Building for the Arts, is an Off-Broadway multi-theater complex in the heart of the Theater District that serves as an affordable home for performing artist organizations, and a lively, accessible venue for diverse audiences.
Located just two blocks from Times Square, Theatre Row’s six theaters, five rehearsal studios, and nine offices are rented by over 100 theatre and performing arts companies each year, bringing over 125,000 patrons to Theatre Row annually.
Theatre Row is seeking a full-time House Manager to begin in early August. This role supervises all aspects of hospitality and front of house management during performance hours. Successful candidates are excited to work with patrons, have strong attention to detail, and are familiar with both commercial and non-profit theatre best practices.
This is a 40hr-a-week non-exempt position that reports to the Building and Senior House Manager. Position will begin training in early August and then will become full-time in September with the start of performances. Schedule will vary but is generally Tuesday – Sunday with work primarily in the evenings and longer days on weekends. Some holidays may be required. All employees of Theatre Row will be required to provide proof of vaccination (or provide a medical or religious exemption) to enter the building.
Responsibilities of the House Manager include but are not limited to:
· Greeting patrons and directing them to their destination within the complex.
· Scanning tickets and monitoring the front doors of the venue.
· Communicating building policies both to patrons and to stage management and front of house teams of multiple companies.
· Serving as key point of on-site contact for rental production’s House and Stage Management teams.
· Ensuring all companies within the complex are adhering to fire safety rules and regulations.
· During an emergency, acting as liaison and coordinator of response for all rental production companies.
· Maintaining basic cleanliness of public areas including lobby, lounge and bathrooms throughout public hours.
· Assisting with special events and parties as scheduled.
· Working with Senior House Manager to create and maintain the schedule for all part-time Associate House Managers.
· Maintaining up-to-date information on COVID guidelines and assuming responsibility for enforcing those guidelines throughout the building.
· 1 to 3 years of customer service experience.
· Must be able to lift 50lbs, sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time including up and down multiple sets of stairs.
· Ability to balance and assist in coordinating multiple simultaneous events in a fast-paced environment.
· Calm under pressure with a friendly, welcoming, and outgoing disposition.
· Familiarity with the non-profit and commercial theatrical industry preferred.
· Preference given to those with a NYFD F4 Fireguard license and/or CPR certification.
Salary is $35-40k, commensurate with experience. Medical and Dental benefits are included.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Resume and cover letter should each be one page or shorter and highlight applicant’s abilities in patron services. Please do not send a headshot. No calls will be accepted.
Theatre Row is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in recruitment or employment on the base of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Theater Row is a program of the non-profit Building for the Arts (www.bfany.org). As an organization we embrace the following core values:
· Inclusion: Embrace diversity within the mosaic of our community
· Collaboration: Elevate a multiplicity of ideas and establish trusting relationships
· Respect: Ensure authentic and consistent regard for the experiences, thoughts and opinions of all
· Impact: Enact the change we seek to make in the world and celebrate moments of triumph
· Creativity: Model and encourage avenues for innovative expression and exploration
For more information about our Mission, Vision and values please visit us at https://bfany.org/about.