New York Philharmonic
New York City, NY 10023
Founded in 1842, the New York Philharmonic is the oldest symphony orchestra in the United States, and one of the oldest in the world. Each season the Philharmonic connects with up to 50 million music lovers through live concerts in New York City, worldwide tours, and residencies, as well as its digital recording series; international broadcasts on television, radio, and online; and through its varied education programs and expansive digital archive. With the renovation of David Geffen Hall, the New York Philharmonic is now poised for transformation, exciting growth, and development.
The Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist provides technical guidance and solutions to user groups working in the entire organization across a variety of technology disciplines. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The position also requires the individual to troubleshoot problem areas (in-person, by phone, e-mail, or remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion. This position also provides general technology support as needed, including printers, scanners, and all manner of onsite hardware.
· Respond to internal user requests in an efficient and friendly manner, assist with training and help to boost comfort level with utilizing IT tools. Perform daily review/analysis of security and event logs.
· Manage onsite inventory, develop an online hardware/software inventory management process, and as needed, identify, review, and recommend hardware and software purchases.
· Assess and implement, as needed, performance upgrades to desktop workstations and laptops, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, and so on.
· Cultivate an approachable and service-oriented culture within the IT team. Cultivate end-user engagement with IT initiatives, projects, and policies.
· Document/coordinate user activity, backups, maintenance, workstation upgrades and patching
· Create and manage Virtual Private Network (VPN) accounts
· Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software to deliver required desktop service levels.
· Analyze complex IT business needs presented and recommend technical solutions; solve basic and complex IT malfunctions and perform troubleshooting
· Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
· Develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity and have an understanding of current hardware and software.
· Support quality reporting and continuous compliance with cybersecurity standards, including PCI DSS compliance. Participate in annual cybersecurity assessment. Document and enforce cybersecurity controls as prescribed by the corporate policies
· Miscellaneous duties as required.
· 5-7 years of related work experience in IT architecture implementation, support & maintenance.
· Strong organizational skills a must with preference given to candidates that can demonstrate a history of successful inventory management
· Self-starter that will embrace the challenges of an evolving workplace in a non-profit arts organization
· Experience with administering cloud platforms such as Microsoft O365 & Azure, Amazon AWS, and Google Cloud.
· Experience installing, configuring, and supporting desktop, tablet, and laptop operating systems, including iOS, Windows and macOS.
· Friendly, customer service driven attitude, both online and in person
· Ability to train all levels of management and staff in IT tasks
· Demonstrated ability to manage security and control groups in cross-departmental implementations
· Demonstrated experience managing business process improvement initiatives
· Excellent communicator and relationship builder
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multi-functional teams to work toward a common goal
· Ability to prioritize the needs of a complex organization.
· The ideal candidate understands that while the job responsibilities may appear similar to a standard corporate job, the demands of a non-profit arts organization are not. As such, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can balance excellent customer service to internal users with the schedule of ongoing projects and upgrades.
The New York Philharmonic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance, generous vacation and sick days, 403(B) plan match, commuter benefits, and more.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.