Baltimore Center Stage
Baltimore, MD 21202
Baltimore Center Stage invites applications for the position of LEARNING AND SOCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY (LSA) COORDINATOR, to join a dynamic (and often hilarious) artistic team. The LSA COORDINATOR reports to the Director of Learning and Social Accountability, Janal Daniel. This is a full-time position with a focus on supporting theater programming for students in Baltimore and throughout Maryland. The position will work virtually until we can safely reopen.
Compensation Salary starts at $40,000 plus standard company health benefits and paid time off.
The responsibilities, competencies, and expectations outlined below are representative, not exhaustive. Responsibilities may shift as needed to best align with organizational needs.
LSA Programming Support
· Oversees program elements of Young Playwright’s Festival
· Coordinates logistics for Camp BCS programming
· Supports curriculum development
· Strives to ensure all programs align with BCS’s mission and the mission of the LSA department, and is in service to stakeholder growth
Administration and Communication
· Collaborates with applicable stakeholders to coordinate scheduling
· Supports procedure planning and adherence
· Supports expansion, organization, and management of department contacts
· Maintains organized and detailed department files, documents, and records systems
· Serve as liaison with the Board’s Education Committee, including scheduling meetings, preparing materials, and taking minutes
Relationships and Social Accountability
· Builds, maintains, and strengthens relationships with parents, students, and educators alike
· Helps steward and grow partnerships with external organizations to support LSA department work and programs
· Aids Teaching Artist management, including supporting preparation and resourcefulness
· Supports department cohesion program facilitators
· Grows knowledge of state and local education policy and standards
· Builds awareness of Baltimore communities and local issues so that BCS may play an active role in supporting its neighbors
· Cultural Competency: An understanding of Antiracism and Anti-Oppression principles and practices, and the ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds
· Communication: The ability to communicate transparently and effectively across mediums with an emphasis on interpersonal communication
· Relationship Management: Excellent social and collaborative skills with an emphasis on building and maintaining meaningful and reciprocal relationships
· Project Execution: The ability to employ high attention to detail to operational aspects of a project, the ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and the ability to follow through on projects
· Relentless Curiosity: The ability to productively question the status quo and engage in solution-oriented, systems-thinking
· Time Management: The ability to efficiently manage time, effort and decision-making skills across various programs and departmental operations
Key Expectations for Job Performance
· Capacity building – support the department in strengthening skills, processes, and program staff training
· Forecasting – the ability to look ahead and predict program needs and implement course of actions that align and expand organizational and departmental goals
· Systems building and management – managing systems that support high level performance and helping to create linkages across system components to improve programming and knowledge management
Please submit a resume and a statement about what learning means to you. No “cover letters” necessary. While we ask that resumes be submitted in written form, we invite applicants to submit their LSA statement via a written piece, audio, or video recording – whatever form best supports your self-expression. Submission link: baltimorecenterstage.submittable.com/submit/c8847c87-f795-47c2-88d4-a2c4555878f4/learning-and-social-accountability-coordinator-application
In order to help maintain an equitable process, please do not submit unsolicited candidate recommendations or directly contact the artistic staff regarding this position. For process or technical questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every application will be reviewed by the Director of Learning and Social Accountability and then selected applications will receive interviews. First round interviews will occur on a rolling basis and will be conducted over the phone or Zoom.
Final interviews will take place over Zoom meetings with additional members of the Artistic team. An offer is expected to be made by mid-March.