The Old Globe Theatre
San Diego, CA 92101
The Old Globe Theatre in San Diego seeks an experienced Lighting Director to oversee all aspects of lighting and video/projections for more than 16 productions and special events each year in three venues.
· creating and managing budgets;
· supervising and supporting department staff; an Associate, an Assistant, three Head Electricians, and crews;
· collaborating with designers to meet creative and budgetary goals;
· managing the execution of the design;
· establishing high expectations for safe work practices;
· developing and implementing work practices that support the Globe’s Social Justice Roadmap and commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access in the workplace;
· Maintaining and developing department assets to meet The Old Globe’s long term goals.
The qualified candidate must be able to lead an independent, asynchronous workgroup, collaborate to meet a demanding production schedule, and manage a union labor force. Must be able to work independently and as part of team of department managers to schedule and implement the work of the production department.
Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access and anti-racism work in the theatre.
Applicants should have five years of progressive experience in theatrical lighting management, an excellent understanding of the design process, deep practical knowledge of lighting systems and effects, video, and electrical systems and a high level of proficiency with Vectorworks and Lightwright (additional skill with AutoCAD and Microsoft office suite is desired).
Flexible schedule required, including nights and weekends. Year-round, full-time position with benefits including 401(k). Estimated start date, late May.
The Old Globe is committed to fostering a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of our operation, therefore we strongly encourage applications from populations underrepresented in the theatre field. Multilingual candidates are also strongly encouraged to apply. Please send cover letter and resume to HR@TheOldGlobe.org.