Symphony Space is a multidisciplinary performing arts center where bold programming, presented in a uniquely warm and welcoming environment, forges indelible relationships between artists and audiences. Our fundamental mission is to connect art, ideas, and community through our programs and our commitment to literacy and education through the arts. On our New York City stages, through our national broadcasts, and in the classrooms and communities we serve throughout the country, we foster access to the arts through all the disciplines. Our embrace of the audience and the arts is wide, and the experience of our patrons is deep and enriched.
Our commitment to diversifying our workforce extends to all who join us in creating and presenting art. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. To learn more about Symphony Space’s mission, vision, values, and programs, please visit symphonyspace.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a lobby attendant, you have the opportunity to shape a patron’s first impression of Symphony Space, make a Visiting Presenter feel at home, and to be a point person for staff working in the office. As such, you are an ambassador for Symphony Space and are an integral part of the Front of House team. You will be trained in all house procedures and your work periodically reviewed by the Director of Theater Operations, to whom you report.
● Open and close the building, including unlocking the doors and disabling/enabling the alarm system
● Make sure that the lobby is safe and secure at all times
● Greet visitors and help direct them to the appropriate person or location
● Perform or oversee temperature checks for staff and visiting artists
● Verify vaccination status of visitors through digital pass, photo, or original card and a photo ID
● Receive and distribute packages
● Keep lobby clean and organized
● Sanitize high-touch surfaces hourly
● Occasionally assist the Ushers with scanning tickets
● Assist House Managers with patron conflicts
● Handle crowd control during events
● Clean/shovel building perimeter before opening, when relieving a fellow staffer for a new shift, and at the end of the evening
SKILLS & TRAITS
● Excellent customer service skills
● Exemplary communication skills
● Warm, friendly, and reliable
● Precision and attention to details
● Interest in being a problem solver and in resolving conflict swiftly
● Ability to maintain a flexible and diverse work schedule with a weekly schedule of 10-15 hours generally available. Daytime and/or evening. Weekend availability is a must
Starting wage: $17.00/per hour
Symphony Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that all Symphony Space staff are required to be fully vaccinated.
Please email your cover letter and resume with “Lobby Attendant” in the subject line to search at symphony space dot org. We look forward to receiving your application.
$17.00 per hour
APPLY BY EMAIL
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is
encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your
preferred email client.
APPLY BY POSTAL SERVICE