RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY 11101
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Manager, Accounting to work directly with and assist on the day-to-day accounting and operations of the finance department.
Role & Responsibilities
● Responsible for the key accounting processes for the revenue cycle, including contract review and maintenance, technical interpretation and preparation of documentation.
● Oversee Affiliate revenue process to ensure compliance with contractual terms, accuracy in billings, adjustments and revenue accruals.
● Responsible for all accounts receivable balances of the company.
● Oversee timely follow-up with customers for any late payments, incorrect payments rates, etc. Actively coordinate with operational departments the involvement of collection agencies.
● Assist with managing the month end close process, performing and reviewing various month end close activities while ensuring the accounting records are complete, accurate and recorded on a timely basis.
● Responsible for maintaining the process narrative, documentation and SOX compliance for affiliate revenue, advertising revenue, accounts receivable, certain aspects of book close, etc.
● Additional functions of the Accounting Manager include but are not limited to; process improvement and documentation, supporting external and internal audit requests, certain quarterly and year end disclosure deliverables, and special projects as assigned by the Director, Finance.
● Ability to develop and actively manage relationships with other departments including but not limited to business development, production, and marketing to garner the information and support needed to perform job functions.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
● Four-year degree in accounting or related field, and/or three years of equivalent experience. BS/BA in accounting required and/or minimum 3 years of equivalent experience. Entertainment experience not required but welcomed.
● Ability to maintain effectiveness under changing circumstances and priorities.
● Knowledge preferably in Oracle Netsuite, AP cloud softwares and expense management softwares
● Must be able to expand knowledge and adapt to an increasingly complex environment.
● Must be proactive and able to troubleshoot, research and reconcile accounting issues as they arise.
● Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
● Strong analytical skills.
● Good time-management
● Willing to take initiative and work independently
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
● Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: AVP, Finance
Mobile (in NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to regularly perform their job responsibilities remotely up to two (2) days per week, with three (3) days per week operating out of the RWS New York City headquarters.
Salary Range: Minimum $63,000 annual exempt salary
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.
Get in Touch!
Please submit at this link via JazzHR by 9/26/2021
Minimum $63,000 annual exempt salary