New York, NY 10019
Seeking Full-Time Manager of Labor Services
Tinc Productions, an event and theatrical production management company in New York City, is seeking a full-time Manager of Labor Services.
Established in 2007, Tinc Productions is a technical producing firm, providing experienced production management, technical talent, and event consulting. Tinc specializes in high-profile corporate events, Broadway and off-Broadway theatrical productions, immersive experiences, and concerts in New York and throughout the world. Recent credits include Slava’s Snowshow (Broadway), Little Shop of Horrors (Off-Broadway), Emojiland, The Play That Goes Wrong, Puffs, Broadway Bounty Hunter, and Mike Birbiglia’s The New One. For more information, please visit our website (tincproductions.com).
The right candidate will develop strategies used to achieve the company goals while advising senior management on how to better serve our clients and employees. This position will work directly with the CEO, COO and Director of Business Development. The right candidate will
· Be efficient, effective, and a strong communicator and collaborator
· Enjoy a fast-paced environment with frequent changes
· Be committed to helping others find success, with creative problem-solving skills and a sense for innovation and improvement.
· Recruit, interview, hire, manage and train diverse roster of technicians
· Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
· Analyze job size and requirements in order to provide accurate proposals and quotes to clients.
· Coordinate with vendors for equipment rental, travel, and other job requirements.
· Use system software to schedule, staff, prepare, and follow up on all shifts, including COVID reporting
· Participate in Safety training, evaluations, and investigative/corrective processes
· Process and submit timesheets to clients and payroll as needed.
· Coordinate with Tinc Staff to ensure timely billing and payment of expenses
· Build and maintain strong professional relationships with technicians and clients through daily interactions, site surveys, and check in meetings
· Research and report on changes in the industry and beyond to continue Tinc’s growth
· Create and maintain agendas/notes for the regular Labor Services Division meetings and related meetings or work sessions.
· Use system software for file storage, collaboration, and task management, with ownership and responsibility for all given tasks.
· Cultivate a positive, solutions-based atmosphere that fits within the “fact-based management” approach we bring to all of our projects.
· Participate in company development, including documentation of policies, procedures, and best practices.
· Work in an open office environment. (Hybrid options available)
All candidates should possess a working knowledge of technical production with at least 5 years’ experience. 2+ years in a production leadership position is preferred. Other requirements for our ideal candidate are below. If you don’t meet all requirements but still feel like you are the right fit, please explain in your cover letter.
Demonstrable experience managing a diverse pool of technical talents
· Ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
· Excellent listening and presentation skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Must have attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and commitment to meeting and exceeding deadlines and goals
· Physical requirements of the job include standing, bending, lifting, climbing short ladders, and using stairs. Office location is on the 4th floor of a Midtown walkup.
The ideal candidate will possess all of the above as well as strong organizational, communication, and strategic problem-solving skills; the ability to work independently and as a team member; and a professional demeanor with comfort in high-pressure situations. This position is primarily Monday-Friday, 9:30am-4:30pm, but some evenings and weekends may be needed.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with salary and access to company health, vision, and dental benefits.
· Base salary starts between $60,000 – $65,000 depending on experience and a proven track record
· Eligible for benefits for Health, Dental, Vision and other additional through our PEO partner after 90-day probationary period.
· Access to other additional employee benefits and educational services, including retirement plan.
· Cell Phone service plan provided to the employee
To Apply: Please email email@example.com, SUBJECT: Manager of Labor Services, with the following:
· Cover letter or personal statement
· At least 3 professional references with contact information (phone AND email, please)
· Earliest available start date
Submissions will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. This is a motivated search that will continue until the right candidate is found.
Tinc Productions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, veteran or disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. Tinc Productions is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace.
July 26, 2021 - July 21, 2021
$60 - 65,000