New York, NY 10038
Pace University, located in New York City, is seeking an experienced individual for its Office of Professional Development which serves as a bridge between MFA students’ education at the Actors Studio Drama School MFA Program and their entrance into the professional world. Areas of expertise include operations, marketing, and development and this position will create and support professional development plans within the Actor’s Drama School MFA program.
The Manager is responsible for maintaining the program’s web and social media, and collaborating with the Actors Studio and other national international theater organizations. A significant portion of the responsibilities of this position requires a serious cooperative relationship with the ASDS Program Coordinator, including the day-to-day operations of the school. Must be able to demonstrate confidentiality, discretion, and diplomacy.
· Launches the Third Year Repertory Season, the Third Year Actors’ Showcase, and the Third Year Playwrights’ Staged Reading Series (through mailings, web, social media, visits, interviews, etc.).
· Creates and oversees all playbills, posters and other advertising; overseeing all promotional photography.
· General and professional audience recruitment.
· Responsible for the organization and execution of the Inside the Actors Studio process.
· Arranges career colloquia and advisement of students on an ongoing basis with respect to matters relevant to professional development.
· Provides feedback on resumes/headshots and interviewing job search techniques.
· Develops internships and alumni contact and outreach.
· Builds career starts one-on-one with each graduating student, liaising with the Pace Co-op and Career Services office.
· Maintains the program’s web and social media.
· Collaborates with the Actors Studio and other national international theater organizations.
· Performs other such duties as assigned from time to time.
· Minimum of BA in performing arts education.
· Must possess at least 5 years of administrative and/or production experience in the professional New York theater.
· Must provide a detailed resume of the candidate’s work experience with special attention to the last 3-5 years.
· Must have knowledge of MS Office, Outlook Express. The candidate needs the capability to master the Banner system and to be comfortable with online integrated systems (e.g., E-Procurement).
· A knowledge of the tradition and organization of the Actors Studio Drama School and the Actors Studio is preferred.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/18807
Pace University has a proud history of preparing its diverse student body for a lifetime of professional success as a result of its unique program that combines rigorous academics and real-world experiences. Pace is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides.
From its beginnings as an accounting school in 1906, Pace has grown to three campuses, enrolling 13,000 students in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in more than 150 majors and programs, across a range of disciplines: arts, sciences, business, health care, technology, law, education, and more. The university also has one of the most competitive performing arts programs in the country. Pace has a signature, newly renovated campus in New York City, located in the heart of vibrant Lower Manhattan, next to Wall Street and City Hall, and two campuses in Westchester County, New York: a 200-acre picturesque Pleasantville Campus and a Law School in White Plains.
Our school is committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community. Candidates who have experience working with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students, and who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences in these areas. Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.