Marketing and General Assistant
New York, NY 10065
About the Position: IBEX Puppetry is seeking a MARKETING AND GENERAL ASSISTANT for immediate employment. This position provides direct support to General Manager and Artistic Director for IBEX Puppetry, and other entities under the Green Feather Foundation.
This is an early to mid-level position, and reports to the General Manager. Part-time (25 hours/week), Monday - Friday. Very occasional nights/weekends may be requested, as coverage for events. Pay is $25/hour.
- Maintain our mailing list.
- Create and send at least one monthly newsletter via MyEmma.
- Draft copy.
- Oversee social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube), including but not limited to: Generating content, maintaining a consistent digital presence with aims to increase visibility, and collaborating with PR teams as necessary.
- Head up any design needs, including but not limited to Marketing and promotional materials, educational curriculums, and style guides.
- Provide general administrative support, including but not limited to scheduling and calendar management, taking and distributing meeting notes, arranging domestic and international travel, errands and general office support.
- Collaborate with and provide direct support to the company’s Director, General Manager, Facilities Manager, and Education/Community Engagement Team.
To succeed in this role, you should have:
- Professional background in the performing arts sector, in non-profits, or both.
- Practical experience in graphic design, e.g. Photoshop or other design programs.
- A positive track record in marketing and social media management.
In addition, all candidates must have:
- Ease in working with collaborators and constituents from a diverse range of backgrounds (racial, cultural, economic, etc.)
- Highly effective communication skills and attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for interdisciplinary work that explores numerous issue areas.
- Finesse and good humor while wearing multiple hats as a member of a small organization that is undergoing transition.
- An interest in and passion for environmental justice and social justice work
- Experience in education (particularly early childhood education), including but not limited to: classroom teaching, teaching artistry, and/or curriculum development.
- Ability to manage web pages.
- Strong passion for and vocabulary in anti-oppression and anti-racism theory (particularly Indigeneity and decolonization), including continued practice in navigating your own systemic privileges.
- Experience doing archival work.
To apply, please supply the following:
- Cover letter (please include where you heard about this position)
- Samples of design work and/or marketing materials
Please ensure that all text documents are in PDF format, and that every file includes your full name. Email applications to Brenna Ross at email@example.com. Job title should be the subject line of the email.
Applications are currently in review and will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with priority being given to early submissions.
About IBEX Puppetry:
IBEX Puppetry (a division of the Green Feather Foundation) is an entertainment nonprofit devoted to health and healing of the planet through artistic spectacle, outreach, and the fine art of puppetry. Founded in 2000 by Heather Henson, and receiving multiple UNIMA (Union Internationale de la Marionette) awards since its inception, IBEX produces Henson’s original works, including Ajijaak on Turtle Island, Environmental Spectacles, Sing-Alongs, and Education Initiatives, and supports contemporary puppetry works by independent artists through the Handmade Puppet Dreams film series and Puppet Slam Network. www.ibexpuppetry.com
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to producing...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.