Theatre Communications Group
New York, NY 10018
Marketing and Production Coordinator
Theatre Communications Group (TCG), the national organization for theatre, seeks a temporary, contractor to support activities related to its Fall and Winter Convening Season.
Theatre Communications Group is committed to modeling, promoting, and advancing anti-racist and anti-oppressive values to fulfill its mission. Since its founding in 1961, TCG's constituency has grown from a handful of groundbreaking theatres to over 700 Member Theatres and affiliate organizations and nearly 8,000 individual members. TCG advances a better world for theatre and a better world because of theatre. For more info, visit: www.tcg.org.
What You Need for this Role
· Strong commitment to anti-racism and inclusivity.
· Strong technical skills, experience with website design and/or knowledge of virtual platforms (Zoom, livestreaming technology, etc.) is preferred.
· Experience with entry-level marketing, copywriting, or communications.
· A background in production, stage management, or theatre hospitality.
· Strong communications skills and a collaborative working style.
· Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
· Knowledge of and interest in theatre sector a plus.
What You Will be Doing
Reporting to Manager of Event Production, the Marketing and Production Coordinator will work closely to plan and execute marketing and production efforts for the 2021-22 Fall-Winter Convening Season and other TCG programming. Duties to include, but not limited to:
· Draft email campaigns and documentation for attendee FAQs, agenda distribution, event marketing, etc.
· Support registration and targeted outreach as needed; reply to emails in a shared departmental inbox.
· Support with social media outreach as needed.
· Upload and quality check event information across internal and external platforms, such as Airtable and the TCG website.
· Coordinate accessibility needs for each convening, including captions and interpreters.
· Provide speaker management support, including contract support and pre-event speaker communication.
· Provide production support for the 2021-22 Fall-Winter Convening Season and other TCG programming as assigned.
Benefits, Compensation, and Other Information
This is a temporary, contracted position with an estimated duration of October 4th through January 31st. A payment of $4,000 will be offered, with an expected time commitment of 10 hours/week.
TCG is currently working remotely, as would this position, however in-person production support will be required for one of our in-person events this November, pandemic permitting. Strict COVID-19 safety protocols will be followed.
How to Apply
Please include “Marketing and Production Coordinator” in the subject line and email resume and cover letter in a single attached file to email@example.com. All materials must be sent via email. We will respond only to those resumes in which we have interest.
All application materials must be received by 12 pm EST on Monday, October 11, 2021, or until the position is filled. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received, and applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as they’re able to.
TCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion (ED&I) in our hiring process, as well as in all areas of our work. At TCG, we believe that diverse ideas, cultures, and traditions reflect the US's broad diversity and are vital assets that enrich the programs and services TCG provides for the theatre field. We respect the intersectionality of identities and are committed to EDI in our work and workplace. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+, gender non-conforming and non-binary, neuro-diverse, and people with disabilities to apply.
October 4, 2021 - January 31, 2022