The Public Theater is seeking an Associate who is eager to learn about and support the needs of the Marketing & Communications team. As the Marketing & Communications Associate, you will help maintain day-to-day team operations and administrative tasks, including focusing on The Public’s email marketing strategy and website. This role reports to the Associate Manager of Marketing.
- Provide general administrative assistance to the Marketing & Communications team, including scheduling group meetings, archiving, and ordering office supplies, supervising the general Marketing email inbox, and maintaining the calendar of the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Manage the departmental invoicing, budget reconciliation, and finance tracking.
- Oversee the departmental communications calendar, including but not limited to organic and paid e-mail blasts, social media postings, donor communications, and external promotional partners.
- Assist with special departmental projects and PR events, including those that may occur outside of regular business hours, i.e., photo-shoots, video shoots, and opening night events.
- Provide support to the ticket management team with ticketing requests and ticket set-up and coordinate and track ticket voucher requests.
- Assist with proofreading materials, including e-mail blasts, programs, and press releases.
- Coordinate collection of audience survey responses and share findings with program staff.
- Collaborate with staff to cultivate an anti-racist culture and participate in The Public’s long-term cultural transformation process.
- Assist in general email database hygiene, including troubleshooting email issues and updating patron contact records.
- Supervise the general website maintenance and updates, including editing, posting content, and updating the press room.
- At least one (1) year of related experience.
- Knowledge of AP Style, Tessitura, or general database experience a plus.
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong prioritization, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects under pressure, in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Adept at working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Willing and able to learn basic HTML, if not already familiar.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends are required.
- General interest in arts and culture a plus.
- Ability to work remotely for the present time, to be working in NYC offices by mid/late ’22 in a hybrid model.
Salary: Starting salary is $48,000. This is a non-exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Position is available immediately. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits & Perks: The Public Theater offers a robust slate of benefits, which currently include: A range of excellent health, dental, and vision insurance options | Employee Assistance Program and Work-Life Services | Flexible paid time off | One paid “day of service” each year | 10 weeks of paid family leave | Commuter benefits for parking and transit | Flexible spending accounts for healthcare | Pension | 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan |Life and disability coverage | Discounted gym memberships | Free access to Public Theater programming and opportunities to access free and discounted tickets to other theater productions as theaters continue to safely reopen in NYC |
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Starting salary $48,000