Aurora Civic Center Authority
Aurora, IL 60506
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Marketing Creative Director. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Marketing
DIRECT REPORTING – VP of Marketing
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Full time non-exempt; some weekends and evenings
COMPENSATION – Annual salary with excellent benefits package including health, paid time off, and 401k
HIRE DATE – Immediate
In coordination with the VP of Marketing, the Marketing Creative Director will be the creative lead of the ACCA/Paramount in-house graphic design team; working closely with marketing staff, graphic designers, web developers, photographers, videographers, internal clients, and outside contractors. The Marketing Creative Director must have a passion for communicating visually; outstanding design skills; the ability to guide, evaluate and elevate design execution; have strong management skills with demonstrated experience in creating and managing a team; and be a team player who shares the Company’s artistic vision for a broad and inclusive audience.
This position is responsible for the strategy behind the visual representation of the brand and material produced by the organization and supports departments ranging from content to marketing to fundraising and more. This role offers an opportunity to play a major role in the creative direction and output of a highly-respected regional theater that is looking for a strong visual contributor and strategist.
Design pro. Magnificent mediator. Highly skilled multitasker. We want a Marketing Creative Director who brings it all to the party.
· Oversee all creative work (in-house and externally) including the design of all graphics, website content, brochures, flyers, posters, advertisements, billboards, mailers, photo shoots, and digital marketing assets from conception to completion, ensuring a high level of creativity and style consistency in all work produced.
· Grow, manage, mentor and motivate a team, with the active and continual pursuit of the principles of equity, inclusion and diversity.
· Oversee and supplement the social media visual presence of the organization, working with the content and marketing teams.
· Be adept at working across an organization, serving as the subject matter expert on all things visual.
· Be a consistent brand guardian and mission champion.
· Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, and display flexibility through multiple revisions and changing priorities bringing projects in on time and on budget.
· Position performs other duties of similar nature and level as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Significant supervisory experience
· Strong experience in designing and producing print and digital materials
· Online portfolio showcasing relevant work
· Advanced skills in design tools and technologies
· The ability to balance multiple projects and be accountable for meeting deadlines
· Experience in managing creative development with proven mentoring, supervisory and team-building skills and a flexible, upbeat attitude in the workplace
Due to frequent and necessary interaction with members of the general public, performers, fellow employees and other individuals, successful candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before they begin work and will be required to provide proof of vaccination. “Fully vaccinated” as defined by the CDC means that at least 14 days have passed following receipt of the final dose of an FDA authorized Covid-19 vaccine.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/opportunities/
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Patty Stefanski, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.