A critical member of the leadership team, reporting to the Executive Artistic Director, this individual will coordinate all existing marketing programs. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, design, branding, digital marketing, and social media. The Marketing & Outreach Manager must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
The Marketing & Outreach Manager plays the lead role in a broad range of data-inspired, detail oriented, and deadline-driven activities that extend the Highlands Playhouse’s presence across Western North Carolina. Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Collaborate with the Executive Artistic Director to ensure clear and accurate interpretation and activation of the organization’s vision and direction.
- Supervise and manage marketing, sales, communications, and customer-facing personnel.
- Create and execute strategic, holistic marketing, advertising, and communications plan for individual productions and the institution more broadly, working across departments to incorporate special events,
- development functions, facilities, education, and community programs.
- Manage relationships with agencies and vendors, including designers, printers, and mail houses.
- Develop copy and implement marketing campaigns via social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (i.e. posts, sponsored ads, event pages).
- Manage oversight of the company website, including regular updates, content creation and analytics tracking.
- Lead creation and implementation of marketing communications efforts, including eblasts, newsletters and blog posts.
- Grow and maintain patron base, with great focus on increasing revenue and retention levels.
- Collaborate with the Advancement and Development committee to produce marketing communications materials.
- Coordinate press requests and interviews; assist in the development of press releases and media alerts.
- Participate in weekly meetings and contributing ideas and recommendations to optimize marketing strategies.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills both in writing and verbally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Products
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing, communications, advertising or public relations setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications preferred
- Graphic design experience, preferred
Highlands Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Marketing & Outreach Manager will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required, including attendance at Opening Nights and some show performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
Highlands Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
January 1, 2022 -
$45K-50K annual package (based on experience)