The Public Theater
The Public Theater seeks knowledgeable and experienced over-hire stitchers for its costume shop for the winter season.
As a stitcher, you are responsible for stitching and making any necessary finishes for assigned costumes while maintaining the integrity of the costume.
· Sewing – via hand or machine
· Alter costumes according to costume department specifications
· Manage time effectively on each sewing project
· Possess advanced knowledge of stitching techniques
· Knowledge of basic hand finishing techniques
· Demonstrated experience working with domestic and industrial sewing machines, including sergers and overlocks
· Be available to commute to the Public Theater during regular business hours (9 am-5 pm Monday-Friday, with weekend calls as needed during tech rehearsals.)
· Ability to communicate effectively regarding projects
· Ability to take instructions
· Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
· Theatrical experience preferred but not required.
Pay rates start at $25 per hour. For consideration, please submit your resume and availability to email@example.com.
We are currently looking for stitchers with availability from January-March, but candidates available after those dates should still apply if they are interested in future productions.
Stitchers are hired on a show-by-show basis. All candidates will be required to complete a basic stitching test before hiring.
COVID-19 and Vaccination Policy:
· As a condition of employment, The Public will require all who report to work on site (either at The Public Theater or any other workspace or performing location) to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Hourly Rate $25.00
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.